I had my first guitar lesson Monday. My teacher instructed me to learn power chords.

Anybody know an easy to learn song that uses all power chords so I can get used to moving the pattern around?

He played one but I don't remember which one he played.
You could try some Ramones, Green Day and Blink 182.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Die, Die My Darling by Metallica should be all power chords.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
any nirvana/blink/offspring song

not green day

you dont want to poison your guitar
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
Green Day, Blink 182, Ramones, NOFX... just try it all
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
polly nirvana
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
yeah lots of punk-rock is power chords, like greenday, blink, NOFX, and all that
and Die Die my darling is by the misfits, metallica just did a cover of it
God am i devilishly good looking
Quote by hardcoreatheist
The Ramones are your best bet

And wtf? Die, Die My Darling by Metallica? It's a Misfits' song.

They covered it tho
Any song with all power chords is an easy song... most songs with mostly power chords are easy as well.

Blink 182 is mostly all power chords, alot of Pop Punk and such as well.

Knowing what kind of music you're into would help 'cause theres no point in not having fun while doing it.
Quote by wilty00
Any song with all power chords is an easy song... most songs with mostly power chords are easy as well.

Blink 182 is mostly all power chords, alot of Pop Punk and such as well.

Knowing what kind of music you're into would help 'cause theres no point in not having fun while doing it.

I have only been playing for 2 weeks so any song is not easy for me lol.

I just did the intro part to Green Days Brain Stew.

I like rock/grunge/metal so it's all fun to me.
Quote by Domaru
I have only been playing for 2 weeks so any song is not easy for me lol.

I just did the intro part to Green Days Brain Stew.

I like rock/grunge/metal so it's all fun to me.

Thats alright everyone has to start somewhere... Brain Stew is about as easy as they come because you have time to shift patterns in the rests.

What bands do you like from those genres? When you get good at moving the pattern around, you can try Smells Like Teen Spirit (you like grunge, its a good beginner song). It helps with faster strumming, moving the pattern around, and muting.
Quote by wilty00
Thats alright everyone has to start somewhere... Brain Stew is about as easy as they come because you have time to shift patterns in the rests.

What bands do you like from those genres? When you get good at moving the pattern around, you can try Smells Like Teen Spirit (you like grunge, its a good beginner song). It helps with faster strumming, moving the pattern around, and muting.

I am having alot of trouble getting my mutes to sound right.
Quote by Domaru
I am having alot of trouble getting my mutes to sound right.

They aren't supposed to sound good, if thats what you're trying to do. I don't see how you can mess it up.. all you're doing is putting your fingers on the strings without pressing.
I suggest learning the entire debut album by the Ramones. There's a good full album tab here om UG, but it uses the chord names so you can learn what your playing is called if you don't know.

There are plenty songs with power chords and many bands focus only on power chords. Try everythign everyone else has mentioned.