Hi,

Today I got a new Ibanez RGT42DXM guitar. I was playing it and i realised the strings were crap, so i took them out and was going to change them, but when I put the new low E string trough the tuning hole and turned it, while i was plucking the string to get it in tune, in made a horrible buzzing noise, so I looked at the fretboard, and the string is right on top on the silver fret lines. So when i play something, it dosn't play at all, because it imidiatly just bounces of the fret and buzzes. I don't think I did anything wrong, but obviously I did, i tried putting in the high E string as well, but the same problem persist. If anybody could help, it would be great.
yes it does have a tremolo, and when I try to tune it no matter how high or how low I do it, the string is still on top of the frets.
mine did that on my trem system on my crap strat....i just put the rest of the strings on and it stopped doin that
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
I JUST TOLD YOU! put all the rest on there
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
Quote by Mcassidy42
C'mon sombody, please post something to help me!

Learn how to properly set up a tremolo. It is hard at first, but once you understand completely how it works, it's a breeze. There are places on UG where there are detialed instructions (do a search). The best way in my opinion is to take it to a guitar place or have a friend who knows what they are doing teach you step by step.
Okay, I figured it out, I just raised the bridge with an allum wrench, now the strings arn't resting on the frets.