I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on converting my old peavey classic 50 to full tube - it has tube pre amp section but solid state post amp.

Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
do you mean a Solid State Rectifier, or a Solid State power section?
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
i have a classic 30 and it is all tube. the 3 preamp tubes then ig uess the other 4 are called poweramp tubes. i dont know much about the names lol. i think im right though...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
My classic 50 is one of the 80's originals - It only has 2 6lC tubes in the preamp section, but the other section (not sure of name here) is solid state - can this be converted to all tube?
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I wouldn't bother. You would have to change almost the complete poweramp section of your amp. Prob cheaper to buy a new classic 50, that is alltube
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
You'd have to do some massive DIY effort and it wouldnt' be the same as the Classic 50, alternatively you can try contact a peavey dealer and get just the poweramp module of the new classic 50's if they can do it, but chances are they can't. Do get something custom built to fit that amp will cost more than buying a mass produced Classic 50.
Contated a local amp Dr. - the quote is hundreds less that a newer classic 50 would run me here in Australia.
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend