ok, i've got a Dean Z-X....and its one of the best guitars i own...with one problem...the g string will not stay in tune...if im trying to do a solo or something...i do one bend and bam, down to F#...[or whatever tuning im in, majority of the itme a full step down]...but anyway...i tried switching the tuner from the b string to see if it was that tuner alone, and still the g string wont stay in tune....any way i can fix this? thanks
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Try putting a little grease in the bridge and up by the headstock so when you bend the string it can slide back down to its original position.
try changing the string?? or you could change the tuning keys at the top... how long has it been since you have taken it iin for a full repair and check up??
Same happens with my VX. It only happens once, then I retune it, and and it stays in tune.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
i s'pose you have tried another g string?
hm
if you switched tuners
it would have to be the string. or maybe the tremolo?
it has no trem, and the grease idea seems like a solution that could work...ill try it

Quote by Homer Simpson
check the tuner, make sure its tight.

if ur going to lube anything make sure u rub some graphite in the cut of the nut.

make sure the saddle isnt slipping. *check the intonation.

and how many winds do u have around the tuner on that string.
are u tuning up?

g strings are the hardest to keep in tune. has to do with the fact that they should be a wound string like acoustics but most electric sets dont have the g wound to make them easier to bend.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
if ur going to lube anything make sure u rub some graphite in the cut of the nut. make sure the saddle isnt slipping.

guitar strings, right?

I'd also vote for minimizing the number of wraps around the tuning peg.
yeah. make sure u rub a graphite pencil in the cut of the nut to lube it, in case the string was getting caught in there.

and also check that the saddle (intonation screw) is secure and isnt kicking the saddle around. that can also dip the guitar out of tune.

i recommend at least 3 wraps on a bad tuner.

and repost if the tuner makes a clicking noise when u try to tune up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well...i changed the string, and what i did was add a few more wraps around the peg...that seems to have done the trick...which is unusual...because i think i have tried that before and it didnt work...or maybe i didnt haha...im not sure, but i got the problem solved, thanks for the help

Quote by Homer Simpson
It's a well known fact that the G-String is actually built to not stay in tune. It is called "Satan's Pubic Hair" in some countries. That is why I prefer not to have it. As a matter of fact the only string I use is the high e.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead