I'm starting to fix-up my squier by putting some Seymor Duncans in it and I was wondering if I should put new pots and switches in as well?
Thanks
umm...change the switch maybe (my squier needs a better one at least) and the pots should be ok

now for a mini rant...
WTF is wrong with squiers? they are generally made of a good tonewood (mines alder i beleive) the bridge on mine hasnt failed me yet in almost a year. yeah, ill admit squiers need better pups and a better quality switch, but squiers are GOOD guitars. and i would much rather screw up a $200 squier than a $600+ fender or gibson
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
If you replace the electronics on a Squier, it sounds almost exactly like a Fender of the same wood. They are cheap because the electronics are done poorly, the pickups kind of suck, and QC isn't top priority. As long as the neck isn't screwed up, you'll have a very good guitar in the end, for a lot less than what Fender wants.
bt uhm... regarding the shape and dimensions...

what do fenders have that squier doesnt?

lets just say both are hardtails... and nevermind the pickups.
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

i have a squier as well.. and i'd have to agree its jst so bang for bucks~
and yeah the pickups suksors.... and i wont mind a better bridge as well

on the side note i insulated the pick guard yesterday morning.. n now the sound is a LOT better with no random noise when on high gain now!! so yea.. maybe u can do this as well
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild