I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seemed right to me...

Anyways, so I've been trying to get a fuller sound from my guitar/amp right now for stuff along the lines of open chords with distortion, right now it pretty much sounds like crap, and is really twangy.

Any advice on amp settings, pickup settings, tone/volume knob settings?

If it helps any I have a squier telecaster, and I'm running it through a Line 6 Spider II 30 Watt.... Yeah it's crap, but it works for me.

Thanks in advance.
If I had my way, I'd crush your face in the door.
Remove the tone pot.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
^Yep. Tele's are known for their "twangy" tone. So you need a humbucker and probably a new bridgeplate thing (Or whatever they're called)
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Sorry, I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to guitar maintenance, self-repair, etc.

What exactly is the tone pot?
Twangy? Turn down the treble and turn up the mids.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
first and foremost your main problem is your gear. No offense but no matter what youre amp is set to its always going to sound thin, lifeless, and digital. ESPECIALLY with a Squire Tele.

Drop a stacked single coil (AKA Humbucker for a single coil slot) into the Tele I guess...thats about as much as you can do without getting a new amp...
Well, yeah, I'm quite aware my gear is trash lol. But it's all I can afford pretty much. I'm working on saving up towards getting a Gibson or an Ibanez, but it's all I got right now.

As for putting those things in, is it something I could do myself? Or am I better off buying the pickup and sending it to a guitar repair shop and have them put it in? Or am I just better off buying a new guitar when I have the cash?
Quote by DreamVoltaZep
Well, yeah, I'm quite aware my gear is trash lol. But it's all I can afford pretty much. I'm working on saving up towards getting a Gibson or an Ibanez, but it's all I got right now.

As for putting those things in, is it something I could do myself? Or am I better off buying the pickup and sending it to a guitar repair shop and have them put it in? Or am I just better off buying a new guitar when I have the cash?

it depends on when you'll have the cash
It probably won't be for a while.... Like half a year probably...
Well gibson and ibanez have quite a wide price range, unless you are comparing low end gibsons with high end ibanezs.

Just check that goddamned thread, why are you still typing in here, that thread is bigger.
pump the bass and kill on some of the highs and mids that should get rid of some of the twang

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man