I ordered my guitar from Musician Friends (Mainly because the guitar shops round here suck balls on good guitars), and there was nothing wrong with it at all. Perfect condition.
I like to see the guitar im going to buy first..I always order for cds,dvds etc..but with my guitars I usually want to see it first..check the setup and everything.

You can usually get some good deals online though..It's just personal preference I suppose..but seeing as I have three very good music shops really close to my house It's actually easier to go in..but if there was a big price difference and i could save alot online I would have no problem with ordering
Originally Posted by ygokazuki
Will_Gum knows what he's talking about

Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Is this the kinda thread like the one that Will_Gum made about eating his baby brother or something? Because it's not as good..
Last edited by Will_Gum at Aug 9, 2006,
yea but if ur not sure u like the guitar u might want to try it before you buy it. think about it. would you want to try shoes on before you bought them if you didn't know what size you needed?
i bought a couple of my guitars online. and it was fine.

for example i wanted the fender they didnt have in stock. they said they could order it at the store, but then i would have plunked down a few hundred and had to take ownership of the guitar even if i didnt like the color.
so i went thru musicians friend, didnt pay tax on it, got a free gift with purchase, and knew that if i didnt like it 100% i could call MF, and have then sent a return label, call ups for a pickup and hand it back to them.

either way, the guitar was going to have to get shipped either to the store or to me.
so i had it delivered to me.

just make sure ur home to accept delivery, and order it over the phone to make sure its in stock as ur placing the order.
follow the order number and track it to ur door.
you dont have to accept the box if its ripped or broken.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My two current guitars were both ordered online, one from Rondo Music and the other from Carvin.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
mudder u got a carvin???
what model? u got a pic? sorry TS, im just always in the market for another guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i would definately consider buying online since it means there's no tax and a lot of the time there is free shipping and sometimes even free stuff. so if they say the price of something is $599.99, it winds up actually costing you $599.99.

plus i hear really good things about the return policy and whatnot, but i wouild prefer to test it out in a shop first.
I bought a Schecter Omen 6 at MF and the quality was bad, not really bad just little bad and it has scratches from shipping. The main reason I sent it back was that I didn't like the tone of the guitar. Then I got an RG321MHGN. It come with a big hole in the box. I played it one day and it sounded great but it had a hole in it LOL. So I sent it back. Now I have to wait because a replacement is on backorder until august 15.

So far MF customer service has been great through all of this debacle.

If I had a good Music store nearby I would probably try to buy from them instead of what I am going through now.

Best of Luck!
If I was in America Musicians Friend would be all id need, the deals are always amazing.
the only thing you should NOT buy online is a Fender MIM Strat, because they are known for having dodgy neck joints and things like that which one needs to check when buying, so yeah...mostly it should be ok..
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by jj1565
mudder u got a carvin???
what model? u got a pic? sorry TS, im just always in the market for another guitar.

At the moment no pics but it's a TL-60t, tele style, wilkenson trem, alder body, flame maple cap/matching headstock, antique brown see through finish, H/S/S configuration, rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius.
Absolutely a great playing and sounding guitar. The neck is really good, not too thin but nice and quick. Not everyone likes the stock pickups but I think they sound good, I'm not looking to change them anytime soon. The singles sound a lot like vintage fenders, the c22 humbucker is hard to describe. Not overly hot but real full sounding, Dimarzio Tone Zone or maybe Fred come to mind. All that and a tweed hard case for under $1000. Great service, when they had questions they emailed or called.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
oh that sounds pretty sweet. i was looking at the strats, but an HSS tele seems pretty fun.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62