I am getting a job soon and i am going to use some of the money to update my rig. Mainly because someone asked me to join their band. they arent doing gigs yet but they will be soon. My price limit is around $750-$1000 usd.

Guitar - Two humbuckers and a hard tail.

Amp - Good metal tone, with enough power to play over drums. A good blues tone is a plus.

Effects - A good wah-wah pedal for metal? maybe a distortion depending on the amp.

Edit: I may be able to bump the price up to $1250
Last edited by Zofar at Aug 9, 2006,
buy my washburn dimebag series 332, my amp, peavey renown solo series 160 watts....but i have no pedals for sale.....im just joking, but those are for sale...
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
Ebay, man.

You could prolly get like a Les Paul and a 5150 for under 1000. Then buy a tuner and a noise gate and work with that for a while.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
thats gonna be hard. maybe check out schecters or jacksons?for the amp i guess a 50 watt tube combo or if you want a half stack the b52 one for 600 is pretty good actually. and i think the ibanez weeping demon is the best value for a cheap wah for metal.

I was thinking on getting a ibanez weeping demon, all the reviews say its amazing.
A Peavey XXX combo off Ebay, a Vox or Dunlop wah, and a ESP LTD Viper 400.

EDIT: You might need a noise gate, a BOSS NS2 or ISP Decimator pedal work very nicely.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Last edited by Cone 21 at Aug 9, 2006,
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
that peavey and ltd idea is pretty good.

/dance
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?