I just go a boss DS1 and ive messed around with the setings. So far everything is just sounding like ive cranked the gain. anyone have any seting ideas for me. hopfully im trying to get that come as you are sound effect
hahaha dude you got the wrong pedal. you need a chorus pedal for come as you are. the ds-1 is just distortion. check out my rig in my sig. thats what you need
You can get pretty much any Grunge distortion sound. Like teen spirit.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
o ok thx wut do i put the settings to? and anyone seen a good smells like teen spirit tab cuz most are pritty bad.
Umm. See if you can get the april issue of guitarworld. It was a nirvana tribute. It has the smells like teen spirit tabs and a thing on kurts settings and stuff.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
yeah ok. Ill work on that lol. Im just wondering what Im doing wrong with my distortion pedal. Nothing is really sounding to distorted .
Quote by fender_guy91
yeah ok. Ill work on that lol. Im just wondering what Im doing wrong with my distortion pedal. Nothing is really sounding to distorted .

what kind of guitar do you have? if you have a strat its gonna sound less distorted unless you have a humbucker somewhere...if you want a high gain sound that is similar to kurts switch to the bridge pick up, turn the tone knob to about 11 o'clock and just turn the gain all the way up, then set the volume so its the same as the clean. This should get you a good high gain tone.
I have a washburn showdow series so prity mutch a strat jip and thx. Ive just been messing around with it so far. anyone no what the settings are for smells like teen spirit.
dude. no. shut up. please. its a four chord song. if youre so into Nirvana please buy a CD other than Nevermind.

Not trying to be mean but if you cant figure out a DS-1 then God be with you.
^
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
So is anyone on this site actually helpfull. Or you just gona trash this song sum more
^ I love Nirvana. Hence my username...but I hate Smells Like Teen spirit only because thats the song that drove Kurt Cobain to suicide.

The 4 chords are simple. Theyre all power chords.

F, A sharp, G sharp, C sharp.

As far as settings on the DS-1 go...
TONE: 1 o'clock
LEVEL: noon
GAIN: 5 o'clock
thx well all i needed were the setting. I just go my pedal today. Your right smells like teen spirit isnt that great right now im working on D7
^^You're kidding, right? Were the power chords just a bit too tough for him?

In my opinion, Kurt Cobain was just the original EMO.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Don't worry - My last post was directed at kurdtkobaign.

Glad you got your DS-1 working for you though!

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^^You're kidding, right? Were the power chords just a bit too tough for him?

Nah. It was just stupid back then because there were millions and millions of people who claimed to be die-hard Nirvana fans...but only knew that one song ya know. Theyre pretty much considered a one-hit-wonder.

lol yeah he WAS emo...but at least he wasnt a poser just trying to get onto MTV and Warped Tour like every single other new band out there right now.
^He was still an emo though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
thx got it off ebay band new in the box. I was really suprised i only payed 30 for it to. Edventually im gona get a ds2 but for now its more than great.
Quote by fender_guy91
I have a washburn showdow series so prity mutch a strat jip and thx. Ive just been messing around with it so far. anyone no what the settings are for smells like teen spirit.

That was the setting for a good SLTS distortion. If you need more drive get a Fat Strat or something. Also if you have a really ****ty amp theres no way you can get a good sound out of that pedal. I tried and I got something almost half decent but still not good. Get a Hotrod Deluxe and throw the DS-1 infront of it and the amp will sound crushing.
yea today im starting to relaze that . I have sum crap begginers amp. can get sum sound out of it but nothng to great.
What exactly is your amp? You may still be able to tweak the settings a bit and get a *decent* sound from it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Is anyone else extremely annoyed by his lack of spelling?
LEARN HOW TO ****ING SPELL
with that said...

DO NOT get a MG, or really even a marshall as without a 1000+ budget, you'll only get sh!t. Get either a tube or a Vox Valvetronix series.
^Used JCMs go for under a grad, and they're not bad at all.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by HeartInACage
Is anyone else extremely annoyed by his lack of spelling?
LEARN HOW TO ****ING SPELL
with that said...

DO NOT get a MG, or really even a marshall as without a 1000+ budget, you'll only get sh!t. Get either a tube or a Vox Valvetronix series.

Holy crap, I never thought the day would come, but I agree with Heart...

Two things seriously lacking on this forum are spelling/grammar skills, and the initiative to grab a friggin' knob and tweak a bit to get a sound. If you haven't made the effort to see the range of sounds something can provide, don't ask questions. Start by reading the manual and finish by turning the damn thing up and wailing for a few hours. If you haven't reached the sound you're looking for by then, then you've probably got the wrong gear.

When all else fails...try.

For the threadstarter...get a new amp man. A Fender Hot Rod Deluxe can be found for a decent price. It's loud, but manageable and it breaks up pretty decently, more so with a DS-1 in front of it.