regarding the shape and dimensions...

what do fenders have that squier doesnt?

lets just say both are hardtails... and nevermind the pickups. and both strats.

make sure the squier is alder wood. even still it will be made of more pieces.

squier hardware isnt as good, so the tuners might fall out easier.
the electronics arent as good. u might get buzzing from poor shielding.
the frets arent filed and dressed as well, might be uneven.
it wont sustain as well. the pickups as u know. many other things.

with all that said, squiers are still good beginner guitars provided u know how to pick a good one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Most Fender Strats have thinner necks, feel much lighter, and have better tuners than Squiers. I've only really played Strats so don't know about other Fender/Squier models. Squier frets are ball bags, Fender frets last much longer and are better quality.

The question is really, if you got a Squier and put a Fender neck on, would you tell the difference, visually speaking? and vica versa.
^well u cant just swap the neck for free. i mean if ur going to buy a fender neck u might as well just buy a fender.

plus, trust me there are obvious differences when u take them apart and look.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

squires are lite and have a different wood type...the crafstmanship is lower though and I think most of them have different hardware...\

EDIT: But it doesn't matter...Squire is a terrible brand...Epi are better and if you really want a Strat, then shell out the extra for a quality Fender.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
squiers are cheaper therefore they must be worse
ha im a genious!
Quote by COB4ever
squiers are cheaper therefore they must be worse
ha im a genious!

OK that was just retarded just stop posting

Jenny seems to have it nailed.

Squier is just lower quality everything woods, hardware, frets, tuners, pickups etc....
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
well... i was planning to screw up with a sqier... thanks anyway
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Quote by jj1565
make sure the squier is alder wood. even still it will be made of more pieces.

squier hardware isnt as good, so the tuners might fall out easier.
the electronics arent as good. u might get buzzing from poor shielding.
the frets arent filed and dressed as well, might be uneven.
it wont sustain as well. the pickups as u know. many other things.

with all that said, squiers are still good beginner guitars provided u know how to pick a good one.

heh, any strat you get is gonna buzz pretty good.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
ohhh sir-shoe not correct. come play one of mine. maybe ill help u set it up too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Jennys Strat FTW i know you ve had that new strat for a while Jenny hows it working out for you
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I've got both Fender and Squier strats. After a few cheap mods on the squier you wont tell the differance in tone or appearance.
well the difference, is that a squier in distortion sounds like a car accident
Quote by urik
well the difference, is that a squier in distortion sounds like a car accident

Pretty much anything with distortion sounds bad if you suck.

To be helpful..... I've played a few Squier strats and I own a Squier '51 and I've also played a few Fender Strats and theres a noticable difference. Not a $1000 difference but definately a difference. Instead of paying 200-300 dollars for a Squier save 100-200 more for a Fender Mex Strat. I really doubt that you will be dissapointed.
Last edited by na10tbolt at Aug 10, 2006,
Quote by na10tbolt
Pretty much anything with distortion sounds bad if you suck.

but it if you suck with a fender it'll sound like a bicicle accident. not a car one.
Quote by urik
but it if you suck with a fender it'll sound like a bicicle accident. not a car one.

I would think that a bike accident would be quiet except for the guy/girl going "Aghhhh Oh ****!!!" And If I could make my guitar sound like that, I really would get a Fender.
Quote by Syn Harvest
Jennys Strat FTW i know you ve had that new strat for a while Jenny hows it working out for you

oh i love it. just feels great, sounds so classic.

and u can get an alder squier and upgrade the pickups, make a pretty good guitar out of it. but it'll cost about as much as a MIM fender when ur done. so u might want to just start there anyway, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

usually the affinity. u need to look up the guitars on musicians friend. look at the specs.
if u need a humbucker in the bridge, for heavier music, make sure u get a Fat strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'm rebuilding my afiinity strat with everything new 'cept the body, so that should be fender quality then

But if you're buying new, get a fender, GAK have a mexi strat (all singles) for just under £300, the american are about £590 i think, those are all single coils, not so sure about the fat strats, i know that the very HAWT deluxe players strat is £480 something
Apperently so.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I like my Squire 51' it sounds OK to me

Not gonna say its better or even as good as a Fender cos the price difference clearly says otherwise; but for the price I think thier a pretty decent guitar.
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
I got a cheapy Squir n it tuners friking well, even when using whammy bar it still stays in tune (i rubbed pencil lead on the part ofd nut were the strings sit) n mine dont buzz i use a Marshall 30DFX and a Boss Me-50 no buzz unless i stand really close to the am,p when its on quite loud, im thinking of getting another strat , The OBEY custom 12 then putting sa Floyd rose on it cos i love the shape and feel but on low budget and want a floyd rose euiped guitar, ne 1 got ne ideas i mite gte a ibanez (The RG320FM, the orange flamed topped 1)
I can see where gino's comin from... I like the challange of getting good sound out of a crap guitar. It takes a lot of skill, a lot of finess, and can really seperate out the good players from the rich players. I've known plenty of local bands that all weren't really that good, but had rich parents to buy them all that nice equipment that sounds good no matter how poorly you play it. Not to mention, if you learn to make bad guitars sound good, you can save a lot of money.

Of course, all that said, I do also appreciate a good quality guitar. I mean, I own a Rickenbacker... that wasn't cheap. But I only made the exception for a 12string, you can't skimp on a 12string.

[edit] I've never had any guitar that cut me, though... unless you count untrimmed strings. I'm to blame for that, though.
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar