I know there are the highly recommended roland 60 and vox 50 SS amps but I was wondering if there is a good tube amp for around that price?

I play mostly clean,bluesy,jazzy stuff but I also like to rip out those metal solo's once in a while. Also I will be using this amp for proably small gigs and in a small church I play w/ right now so I'll need it to have at least 30-40watts prefferably more tho.

I will have to trade in my crate xt120r to get w/e tube amp I decide to go w/ or if I cant find a decent tube amp that will fit my needs I'll be trading it in for either the roland or vox. (the reason im trading in this amp is because its just to heavy to lug around to practices w/e and I realize now I could of gotten something nicer for slightly more)

thanks /evan
clean/bluesy/jazz maybe a used blues junior? i hear the pro junior is garbage, maybe use a OD pedal or something for your metal, or perhaps a used valveking
For around $350, its gonna be hard....i suggest ebay.com or craigslist.com to find a good one. A used one would be best for that price, dont go to guitar center cuz they'll rip you off.
This one guy tried to sell me a 30 watt Crate Palomino V32 for $600 and then the next day i went to Charley's Guitar Shop (my local guitar store, highly recommended if u live in Dallas) and the guy there told me that that Crate was a piece of crap and he sold me a 60 watt Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 for $400. Also try some pawn shops.
Head of the Classic Rock Martyrs Club PM me for info.

<CLASSIC ROCK
^
everything else

member of the snakes on a plane fan club!
well I kinda figured it would be hard to find a decent tube amp for my limited price range (I just spent 650 on a showmaster) soooo.. you think something like the roland cube 60 or vox 50 would be the best thing I could go w/ right now or do you think I have a chance w/ getting lucky on finding a decent used tube amp at one of my local stores (whether it be the scam center or some respectable guitar store nearby.)
id say if u scrap up another 50, u definately have a chance and finding something have decent used tube...dont rush man, i did it when i started, it gets u nowhere
Quote by The Young Page
For around $350, its gonna be hard....i suggest ebay.com or craigslist.com to find a good one. A used one would be best for that price, dont go to guitar center cuz they'll rip you off.
This one guy tried to sell me a 30 watt Crate Palomino V32 for $600 and then the next day i went to Charley's Guitar Shop (my local guitar store, highly recommended if u live in Dallas) and the guy there told me that that Crate was a piece of crap and he sold me a 60 watt Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 for $400. Also try some pawn shops.

The Crate Palomino V32 is not a piece of crap.
You could have haggled that 600$ down. Hot Rod Devilles usually sell for around 700-750 and personally, I would rather have the V32.

However, they are different amps, different sounds. It's preference.
If you want 30-40 watts tube, the only thing available in your price range is a Peavey Valveking 112. I'd recommend saving for a Fender HotRod Deluxe or a Traynor YCV40.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join