I was wondering since i have 9 gauge strings on my guitar now and i want to switch to 10's, would i have to set my intonation and adjust my truss rod and all that from switching from 9's to 10's or would that not make a big differance?
My Gear:

2006 Ibanez RG321MH (Swineshead Custom A.M.P. neck & Warthog bridge)
Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Crate GX15 (overdrive channel is blown)
nope no trem...soooo anyone able to help?
My Gear:

Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
you mite have to adjust the inotation a bit. Thats all. Is it a long scale or short scale neck?
you can, and if you want to(change things on your guitar) but you can change strings with doing very little or nothign to oyur guitar. i do not need to change **** on my guitar, the way i have it set.
I have .10 strings on mine right now, if I wanted to switch to .11 would that cause any problems? Pretty much the same thing, but I was about to make a thread about this exact topic. Qreepy :S
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
ok yeah, its a long scale guitar, the ibanez...25.5 i believe is the length.

So is it a noticable differance if you dont change the intonation or anything???
My Gear:

Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Higher then the 12th fret you may notice a subtle difference. Since its a long scale i would almost say give the truss rod a tweak, but dont do it if you dont know what your doing
If you were to switch to higher gauge strings, but use a lower tuning, would that balance it out?
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
^^yes. i think that 10's in standard E have pretty much the same tension as 11's in Eb standard. i always use either 10's in E std or 11's in Eb std...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Aug 10, 2006,
Aslong as you don't have a floyd rose it won't matter. Maybe tiny adjustments, but i'd leave the new strings on for a week or so let the guitar adjust before tweaking anything, probably wont even need to though.
ok well im gettin new strings this week soooo i dont know if switching to 10's will mess it up or what???? Dang it
My Gear:

Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic