Quote by KnightValor
Quote by God Am
What are some really hard Tool riffs? Nothing I've heard is even remotely challenging.

You have to listen to the rythyms in the parts where the guitar DOESN'T stand out.

Unless you are extremely good at hearing an extremely complicated, distorted, and legato rythym and recreating it flawlessly, that stuff should be hard for you.

Quote by Wikipedia's tool entry
They have gained appreciation and critical praise for a complex and ever-evolving sound

songs that feature "complex rhythm changes"

Yes, that one has a quote within a quote.

It is a style of rock music that seeks to move away from the mainstream by "pushing the envelope" of the rock genre, creating new sounds and styles that often possess a characteristically high level of layering and complexity, elements of which can easily be found in the band's music: be it the complex rhythms used in songs like "Schism" (5/8 to 7/8, or in 6.5/8 according to Justin Chancellor), or "Lateralus" which moves from 9/8 to 8/8 to 7/8,

long one, there...

For someone who plays guitar, you sure don't listen to it much, do you? Although, who can blame you, I mean its definately got to be the undistinguishable rumble of a bass that stands out... or maybe the drums, since they are, after all, the lowest layer in a good song.

And I actually changed my mind randomly about tool's difficulty.... Sorry I was so stupid as to think tool had complex rythyms, I reallize now that I was wrong. I mean, if searching for "complex" in wikipedia only turns up three results, all of which only mildly prove that they have complicated rythyms, they obviously aren't that way at all. Especially since wikipedia is created solely by users and has no moderators whatsoever.

In fact, I think I am going to stop playing guitar entirely just because I reallized that I made such a drastic mistake.

Comments?
"My spoon's too big! My spoon... is too big! My spooooon is too big! My spoon's too big!"

"I am a baNANA!"

You're watching the family learning channel!
What is this about?

Give me a reason not to close this. It seems pointless.
Looking for my India/Django.
Tool rocks, is that what you're getting at? They are not too challenging to play good enough, to play them with the feel he does though takes some balls. Who gives a f uck the music rocks. Try and remember what music sounded like before you knew what the guitars were doing every now and then, people. You will realize that a LOT of s hit rocks that you never realized, and a lot of s hit SUCKS that you didn't realize
Dude, I really don't see the point in this. If you don't like Tool, then you don't like them.
Quote by redwing_suck
What is this about?

Give me a reason not to close this. It seems pointless.

Oh, I'm just trying to enlighten everyone who likes tool as they are randomly and suddenly my most hated band thanks to God Am.

On a more serious note, there is always alot of bickering between tool and fans and haters because one group says they are awesome and hard to play while the other one just keeps on repeating "Drop D" as if the fingerings are the only possibly difficult part of the song. I just wanted to clear up the bickering, or at least start it up again. AND I WAS SARCASTIC.
"My spoon's too big! My spoon... is too big! My spooooon is too big! My spoon's too big!"

"I am a baNANA!"

You're watching the family learning channel!
O...K....

*CLOSED*

This thread still fails to find purpose in my forum.
Looking for my India/Django.