I really like to solo, but i've realized that all i do is spit out a consistant stream of notes in the pentatonic and occasionally blues scale. Could anyone tell me some tips to improve my phrasing?
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
find yourself some root notes and relitive minors 4ths and 5ths hit them.... pause find a note below them bend up to it... pause get fat and black develop diabetes and do a **** load of vibrato bam your a genius
What i do is try and create my own style. If you look at all of the great guitarists, it seems that they always have a certain lick that they always go to . Take Billy Gibbons for instance, the majority of his solos are in C major and revolve around the C blues scale. Try throwing in stuff like artificial harmonics. If you create your own lick and style, you can make as many solos as you want.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
try doing one short lick that ends with a sustained note, then do another one, then do one big lick that takes up the rest of the room in the progression. i dont know, it like makes it interesting
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sweet well i already got the fat and black part down so im half way there. just kidding... on both counts
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
fu man chu made me laugh.

ANYWAYS, try some usual scales, but through in some chromatic notes, to make the sweet sweeter with bitterness. Also just get a groove going. Two different notes can sound amazing with a good toolbox of techniques to use, and just a good groove and feel. Just get down and dirty with it and feel it out, and don't be afraid to hit some off notes, as long as they end well, you know?
We're only strays.
Learn licks and see how other guitar players link them or play them use repitition etc
U need to know phrases to improve on the variety or of ure improv's
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band