Decided to stop working on my other song because it was kind of wierd ;].

I made this song a bit easier on the ears.

its not done by the way, i just need to know if it has potential.
Attachments:
newsong.zip
newsongmidi.zip
Last edited by ouchies at Aug 11, 2006,
honestly the beginning was alright but once measure 17 rolled around it sounded pretty hardcore

good job cant wait to hear the finished song
Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
This is really good, great harmonies. I added some drums for it because im bored and i like it. Ill be waiting for the finished song, hopefully looking forward to a good solo :P.

If you could crit mine, they are pretty similar, id be v grateful.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411450
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411451
Attachments:
newsong.zip
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.
Last edited by Incubus_Rage_27 at Aug 10, 2006,
Pretty good. The song reminds me of As I Lay Dying, especially the first four measures reminded me of "Forever". Liked all the riffs but I wish you could've added drums, then it would be better and not so boring.

Can't wait to here it when it's done.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
I would love to check it out, but I don't have GP5. Maybe if you could post a MIDI. That'd be awesome.
Quote by ouchies
okay. how do i do that?

file > Export > Midi
Then you have to record it.
Okay thanks ^.

I did it, also the midi has an extra riff at the end. Theres more to it, im thinking about making it repeat more and stuff but im at my uncles house right now and i cant save so its pointless (he has trial version).

and i dont know if the riff really fits?

thanks
Quote by chris_122
Pretty good. The song reminds me of As I Lay Dying, especially the first four measures reminded me of "Forever". Liked all the riffs but I wish you could've added drums, then it would be better and not so boring.

Can't wait to here it when it's done.

It does sound like As I Lay Dying! And Still Remains, the intro sounded sort of like "the Worst is Yet to Come". Yeah it pretty good. There's something i wanted to hear on bar 51 and 52. Instead of repeating the C's there, make them G's. G's are the 7 on the C string. Thats just my opinion though, because that riff kind of repeated too much.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Aug 11, 2006,

I think you could probably sell this to As I Lay Dying. That's how much it sounds like them.

I liked this. Everything.
Except, I think there are parts that would sound better faster paced.
I think increased to around the 195 marker, this would sound a whole lot better.
At 180 it sounds too slow.

I listened to the MIDI as well.
I dont like the added stuff.

Instead, I think you should repeat that palm muted riff.
And have the second guitar play a cool little melody.

Example: Listen to the riff in Lamb of God's "The Faded Line" at around the 2 minute marker.
Where you're at would sound really good with something similar.

Overall, pretty good.
I like what I heard
and I'm expecting more.

Mind critting mine?
Link in the Sig
I Felt Alone is more recently updated.
Spiral Out
sounds like Bullet For My Valentine
like a mix between "4 words to choke upon" and "suffocating under words of sorrow"
but still, its good
keep it up
Quote by Tomaz24
- one of us decided it would be a good idea to do a gig at our... sigh... disco. .....My drummer mate also took the liberty of turning off the bassists amp completely, because he was ****e. Never knew