Well, I'm looking at getting a 2nd guitar that won't break my bank (I have hardly any money), and I was thinking of picking up a little Epi G-310.
I've heard some pretty mixed reviews, some great, some bad, but the guitar seems right for the price (299 Australian).
Does anyone here have an Epiphone G-310, and what are your opinions on it?
I pretty much play anything (modern rock, classic rock, blues, a bit of grunge), so I'm wondering how this would fare up.

Cheers
its an outdated model, dont go under the G400
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what do you mean by out-dated?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
The Vintage G-400 would be much better. It's about the same price as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I've read about the 310's going out of tune quite often? Does this happen with the 400?
The 400 has Grovers, so I doubt it. The 310 just has the stock Chinese tuners - Those would be the problem with tuning.

The vintage G-400 is exactly the same as the regular G-400. The only difference is the flat finish on the vintage version. I personally prefer the worn brown finish on the vintage G-400 to any of the other SG colors (except that white custom one :p ).

The G-310, however, is, I believe, plywood. It has a bolt on maple neck, instead of a set mahogany neck lke the G-400's, and the overall quality will be lower.

I really suggest you go for the Vintage G-400 over the G-310. It will be a much, much better instrument.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
hey man i was just about to post the same thread so i am glad u did it where are you getting it for 300 i live in austrlia , victoria ive seen 350 but not 300. and if you dont have that much cash go with the G-310 the G-400 is like 700
Quote by blink+guitar
hey man i was just about to post the same thread so i am glad u did it where are you getting it for 300 i live in austrlia , victoria ive seen 350 but not 300. and if you dont have that much cash go with the G-310 the G-400 is like 700

www.Kosmic.com.au have it for 299

Yeah, for some reason it seems the 400's are really expensive over here.
You could probably get the G-400 from Kosmic for about $600 (if you're a regular customer - not sure about it if you aren't). If you can spare the cash, DEFINATELY pick the G-400 instead of the G-310.
Quote by Xenn99
The 400 has Grovers, so I doubt it. The 310 just has the stock Chinese tuners - Those would be the problem with tuning.

The vintage G-400 is exactly the same as the regular G-400. The only difference is the flat finish on the vintage version. I personally prefer the worn brown finish on the vintage G-400 to any of the other SG colors (except that white custom one :p ).

The G-310, however, is, I believe, plywood. It has a bolt on maple neck, instead of a set mahogany neck lke the G-400's, and the overall quality will be lower.

I really suggest you go for the Vintage G-400 over the G-310. It will be a much, much better instrument.

good old Xenn. that's pretty much what i meant, i was just tired and off to bed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i own it and got ripped off pretty bad..........400 ****ing dollars and **** its not that great either all the models i tried have slow ****ing necks (painted necks) and theyre usually was some glue residue left on the fretboard near the frets, electronis blow. and just everything sucks on it
i have a 310 (emily the strange edition... girls love it ) with di marzio pickups (paf pro and the fred)... it sounds great with a distortion pedal like the boss ds2, but clean... not so good.