Today I happened to come about this guitar that I'm interested in fixing up... but i don't even know anything about this guitar because i've never heard of this brand....can anyone give me some info?

its a type of teisco/kent guitar. they were all made back in the same factory in japan in the 1960's. i have a 4 pup kent and i love it to death, so you cant go wrong!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
wow that's helps a bunch, i couldn't find any info on this guitar, now that I know its "real" brand finding something will be easy... thank you!
thats a pretty sweet looking guitar, i like the huge pickup switches. you should definately fix that up i bet it would be great.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
well this is my first fix up job, or custonizing job, of any kind, i don't even know where to start because it's got all those crazy switches and what not... it also has a pretty bad crack on the side, how exactly do you go about fixing cracks and stuff?

oh i also found out its a teisco 64' VN-4
Last edited by Kato420 at Aug 10, 2006,
Nice pickups :P
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Just fix any damages or cracks, don't do anything else, it's probably worth a lot already, any minor changes can make it lose lots of value.
If youre planning on doing something major, think about getting the cheapest guitar you can find and practicing on that to make sure you dont screw this beauty up.

But im with invictious, just cleaning it up and doing the minor stuff would be sweet.

Good luck!
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
just so everyone knows, japanese guitars from the 60's arent worth that much, but they hold some value, and are very cool. my 4 pup kent can go from a high gain guitar to literally sounding like a chinese folk instrument in 1 flip of a switch. all the guitars made in japan at the time are so amazing and everyone bashes them. to tell you the truth, my kent is my favorite guitar out of a gibson, and a few epis.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Yeah I mainly just wanted to clean in up, take it apart and get all the dust and rust off it...

here's a pic of the crack, how do i go about filling and reparing it?

is it just me, or is that pickguard like 1/2 an inch thick?
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
yay! NARUTO!!!

anywho that's one strange guitar, i like the headstock though, it's sort of like the tele ones

but dude wtf happend to that guitar it looks like somebody put it through one of those tree shredding things
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build