I've heard worse, and thats certainly better than what I could do (Only been playing for about 15 months). Not bad bro, especially for one take.
Yea there were a couple of down points in the solo but what i did that was good so outweighed it that i just kept the entire take
Hmm as I go. It has a good sound to it. Timing sounds a bit off with the drums. The solo at 1:15ish didn't seem to have much flow, just alot of fast playing. When you change chord progressions around 2:30ish the 2nd chord doesn't seem to go with the solo or vice versa. But maybe that's just me. Pretty good though, needs a little work, still better than what I can do, but that's just my outsiders opinion.

here's mine - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408712
that 2nd chord is actually non-diatonic but i didnt think i did too badly making the transition between keys sound smooth. But of course thats why i asked to have it criticized.

I also would like to metion this is one of my first original tunes, the first in this particular genre, and that im 15 yrs old. I hope that didnt come off as sounding cliche or nooby.
Last edited by 6DOIT at Aug 10, 2006,
Hi there. I think you have a nice catchy tune there which is very Al De Meola-ish I thought. Nice sound and feel. You can probably tighten it up a bit though, shorten it and make the solos a bit more structured. I would also get some nice jazzy drums in there, vary the chord progression sooner and have a dynamic end rather than a fade out.

Just a few suggestions but yeah, I really liked that tune dude! You really should develop the idea further.
Quote by 6DOIT
that 2nd chord is actually non-diatonic but i didnt think i did too badly making the transition between keys sound smooth. But of course thats why i asked to have it criticized.

I also would like to metion this is one of my first original tunes, the first in this particular genre, and that im 15 yrs old. I hope that didnt come off as sounding cliche or nooby.

yea thats cool. lol well you're pretty good for only being 15. props for that. i didn't start playing guitar till i was 20 1/2 now i'm 22. I wish I was in your spot though, learning at such a young age. I'd be signed by now lol
LOL Yea thats what all the older players tell me.

And to geetar bob- to have even played something that reminds you of Al De Meola is honor.
Yea I think Ill go back and change the structure a little. The other things Im working on right now are a lot more structured. One of them is a smoother track and the other is more of a neoclassical piece.