Ok I have about given up on trying to get a T-verb combo. Ive been scammed, people have bid over me, and after trying on about 15 of these things, Ive given up on ebay as well. Since I cannot find another place to buy one, I would like to know what would be a close combo to get around a grand that sounds pretty close to the same. The reason I wanted this amp is because of the clean, crisp distortion, no muddiness at all and because of the brilliant clean tone it produced. So if anyone has any ideas of what to get, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Have you tried a rectoverb yet? It might be a little less than the tremoverb since it's only 50W. I've never tried it, but supposedly close to the cleans on a tremoverb, without the tremolo effect. It's got the single recto circuit, so the OD should be good on it. They are supposed to be great amps what what owners have told me. Definitely would have to try if for yourself however. The F series and Mark series might also be some amps you should check out.

as an aside, if you really love the tremoverb, don't give up on it. Keep two windows open on the auction, and use one to place your max bid with like 1 minute left. Everyone bids in the last 30 seconds, so you just have to wait and watch. You'll eventually snag one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 10, 2006,
Yeah, the Mesa Rect-O-Verb is very similar to a Tremoverb. I would recommend giving it a try. Other than that, maybe a Mesa F50.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
The thing was, with the rectoverb, I didnt really like the sound of a single rectifier when I played one compared to a dual.
My Stuff:

Schecter C1 Elite
Mesa F-30
Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi
MXR 10-band Graphic EQ
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Smart Gate
BBE Sonic Stomp
That is a nice amp Daredevil, but the reason I was going for the combo is because I dont need a stack plus its gonna cost me even more to get a decent cab for that.
Ahh yea didn't see that you wanted a combo, thats what I get for skimming. Well I hope you find it soon... good luck!
My Stuff:

Schecter C1 Elite
Mesa F-30
Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi
MXR 10-band Graphic EQ
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Smart Gate
BBE Sonic Stomp
So I went to guitar center today and purchased the rect-o-verb, cuz it sounded good when i played it. I was totally excited. I got home and played it and it hissed and hummed loud when i wasnt playing it, and it just sounded like garbage. So I diagnosed it as a preamp tube, and im having it replaced tomorrow. However, I still am not sure if I like this as much as the dual rec. Is the tremoverb that much better and does it have a completely different sound? I played the dual half stack but not the actual tremoverb so I was wondering if I should just get my money back and wait for a tremoverb.
Also, when i turn up the amp it seems to distort instead of sound better and I was wondering if that was just the amp or the tubes.
Bummer to hear you're not happy man. That's always a big letdown. So it's buzzing and humiing pretty bad, how did you determine it's a preamp tube? Also, what kind of pickups were in the guitar you tried with it in GC, compared to what you have at home. 50W should get very loud before it starts distorting, unless it's something to do with that speaker in the combo or something, but I never heard that. It's a good thing you can take it back, that doesn't sound right.

It should have a similiar voicing to the single rec, so if you didn't like the single rec, I don't know if you're going to like this though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 15, 2006,
Ya the buzzing and humming is pretty bad, and couple that with screeching feedback i get and it just sounds horrible. See I played the dual rec stack and it sounded awesome, but I have no need for a stack, nor the money for one. That is why I was interested in the combo. I figured the single would sound close but apparently I was wrong. The dual was so crisp and clean u could hear every note, this is not the case on the single, unless that is due to the problem.
Stand a few metres from the amp to get rid of the feedback, and is the wiring in your guitar shielded? Are you properly grounded while holding the guitar?
Well I figured out why the amp sounded so bad, my pickups have been wired wrong for a good six months. So I went in there and about 10 mins later, the amp sounded as sweet as I dreamed. However, now on to another problem, one of the tubes wont go all the way into the connection, so it only works half the time. Now Im gonna have to figure out how to fix that. And then im going to decide if I want to keep the amp or take it back.