I've been playing for about a year now and I feel I've outgrown my current crappy equipment (Marshall MG15CDR, Epiphone Les Paul 100 and a Behringer Distortion Pedal) and have noticed I sound a lot better when using expensive guitars at Guitar Center. I'm taking a liking to Strats and would wonder what a decent one is for me. I'm also looking into new amps and pedals (My distortion pedal sounds like complete crap). I play a wide range of stuff. Mainly SRVish blues/classic rock, Garage rock and Modern Rock (Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc). I don't really have a price range right now considering I have no money and no job. But something good for the price.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Go with a MIM strat then, maybe HSS. Those are about 300-400 American, i believe.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Probly just a MIM/MIJ Strat through either a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix. Thatll do just fine.
plenty o' stolen goods, and smack adicts dumping merch on ebay. it's a fence and a pawn shop in 1. without the hassle of going down to the wrong side of the tracks. good deals. and used is ALWAYS better anyway.

if i thought i deserved it, i would have spent a little more on a genz benz el diablo 60 off ebay, but i got my boogie 50 cal. and i am a pig in slop. Can't get those amps in Guitar Center.
A Vox AD50VT. It elimates the need for any pedals. And a strat would be a good guitar to look into for those styles, but the amp is the main thing that you'll want. A Vox AD50VT will improve your tone significantly. And it's very versatile and great for all of the tones that you want.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
A Vox AD50VT. It elimates the need for any pedals. And a strat would be a good guitar to look into for those styles, but the amp is the main thing that you'll want. A Vox AD50VT will improve your tone significantly. And it's very versatile and great for all of the tones that you want.

I looked at that amp and it seems great but it doesn't come with any sort of footswitch. That seems like it'd be really, really annoying.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

I agree with the MIM/MIJ Strat. Invest in a decent tube amp. Take a look at the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Crate Palomino. And get a job, hippie!!!!

You gotta have some way to feed your gear need...gotta have more gear man...gotta.
Quote by Stacked Actors
I looked at that amp and it seems great but it doesn't come with any sort of footswitch. That seems like it'd be really, really annoying.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

It doesn't come with a footswitch, but you can buy a footswitch seperately. I'm not sure of the price, but they're not too expensive.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
The footswitch they recommend for the Valvetronix is the VFS2 which is between $20-$30 I believe.

How long have you had all your gear now?
Depending on this, we can tell you the item's resale value, and what you can get for that money.