So right now I'm jamming with two local bands and I can't decide what will be better in the long run. One is a ska band with a lil bit of reggae and punk rock while the other i more Motley Crue, Alice in CHains, Beatles combo. I love all the types of music and both bands are well known. Which is better in the long run with the way the music industry is going right now? ska/punk or rock/old school metal? thanks for any info
hell, if you have time, why not do both? If you like one more than the other after a while, just tell them that the band just isnt doing it for you and go full time on the other...
i think ska/punk would be better in the long run, but ppl tend to notice and dislike a band if they are only in it for the $
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
What do you mean by which way the industry's heading? If you mean you want to be in a band that's going to be successful/get signed, both of those are over the hill.
We're only strays.
why ask an internet forum for advice that will affect the rest of ur life? after all, how many of us are successful?

just stick with both for now, unless theres any particular reason to leave a band whats the harm? im in 4 bands right now hahahaha. ...yeh i play bass
Keep in both or just pick the one you prefer more. The industry is driven by people's tastes, the tastes are ever evolving. Two years ago I hated any song that was depressing and wondered why people would listen to them. Fast forward to now and my friends criticise me cause I can't write a happy song.
Quote by SocKo?
why ask an internet forum for advice that will affect the rest of ur life? after all, how many of us are successful?

just stick with both for now, unless theres any particular reason to leave a band whats the harm? im in 4 bands right now hahahaha. ...yeh i play bass

you must have alot of time on your hands
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
let's see
this is what you put for ur fav bands
Bands: acdc, nirvana, stone, temple pilots, velvet revolver, van halen, the yardbirds, disturbed, collective soul, and random obsession. Basically lots of rock!

I'm guessing the "rock/old school metal" one is better for you

but dont listen to me. do what u think is better!

'tis life
Go with the second one. But then again my opinion may not be right for you because I hate ska
as for people now... id rock with punk/ska thing. That will do better as far as getting "big" or signed or whatever. Because I know more kids are willing to buy a ska record as apposed to a new classic rock copy band (no offense). But thats the mentality these kids have.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
^ That's cause ska kicks ass!

plus ska rules
ha
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
deffently ska if your looking to get somwhere, i see ska gainging alot of poopularity latly. as for the other band, i would play in it for fun but really concentrate on the ska one as you main band.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.