I think its time to upgrade from this pack i got about a year and a half ago. I play classic rock more bluesy stuff (hendrix, cream, jeff beck, beatles), with a little bit of metal and stuff like RHCP. I got about 800 CDN to spend.

Im probally going to get the amp first followed by the guitar, what do you guys think I should get between these;

-an agile goldtop with p90s
-fender mexi strat then upgrade later with lace sensors/60th anniversiary standard strat upgrade later
-epiphone les paul standard
-any other suggestions

-fender blues jr.
-VOX ad30vt
-other

and just one question, if i had an all tube amp like the blues jr., and i ran effects through it (wah, flanger, fuzz etc) would it make the amp sound like crap and lose its "tubiness"?

Thanks
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by pinkhaze29
strat and vox.

x2

Perfect classic rock/blues rig.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I would get an agile strat copy and a blues jr. Ive heard really good things about the ST-802. The blues Jr. is a great little amp, I love mine. I bought it for $225 used so I would look around on ebay or something if I were you.
Quote by Ryzar
I would get an agile strat copy and a blues jr. Ive heard really good things about the ST-802. The blues Jr. is a great little amp, I love mine. I bought it for $225 used so I would look around on ebay or something if I were you.

my only concern with the Blues jr is will it handle anything heavy or just blues stuff? how does it sound with effects? I was thinking of getting a 60th anniversary standard strat. Anyone try one?
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
do like me find an old charvel they can do any genre of music with stock pups i got mine from a pawnshop for 200.00 usd and for amps get a peavy they are some of the best amps out there!!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus