So my ec-400 has emg's in it, and I heard it was possible to mod it to accomodate another battery.
If that's true, could someone explain how to do it? If it's not, please say so
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
why do u want to do that? the battery will last about 6 months if u play like an hour per day (disconnect cables from guitar when not playing to preserve battery life). also, when it starts running out u can notice cuz the sound decays, so it's not like it'll run out in the middle of a show.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
why do u want to do that? the battery will last about 6 months if u play like an hour per day (disconnect cables from guitar when not playing to preserve battery life). also, when it starts running out u can notice cuz the sound decays, so it's not like it'll run out in the middle of a show.

he might want to do it for a better tone
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
"you can use two batteries wired in series to power your onboard circuitry at 18 volts"

That was from the site.
Only thing is, how?

Edit: btw, thanks Sz and fleshfries (cool name too)
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
It's easy really. As long as you can solder (and fit the battery in your cavity). For series, you want to take the black wire from your current battery clip (the one that goes to the jack), then cut that half-way between to make sure you have enough room to solder to both wires (the black wire coming from the clip, and the black wire coming from the jack). Now, you want to get a second 9v battery clip, solder the red wire of that to the black wire of the first battery clip, and the black wire from the second clip to the black of the jack. make sure you can fit both batteries in your cavity! I'll find some pics of my guitar's cavity.

Edit: Can't find the pics of my cavity with 2 batteries.

edit2: diagram attached
Attachments:
sdfasfa.JPG
Last edited by SolidxSnake at Aug 10, 2006,
that JUST what I needed, thanks
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
it must be worth doing, at least for bass, since many of carvin's basses run at 18v with two 9v bateeries in series, and it is as simple as just running the black lead from one to the red of the other, and treating the two remaining leads as if there was just the one battery between them. You may want to check that your electrics can handle 18v though, you dont want to burn anything out
Quote by punkish
it must be worth doing, at least for bass, since many of carvin's basses run at 18v with two 9v bateeries in series, and it is as simple as just running the black lead from one to the red of the other, and treating the two remaining leads as if there was just the one battery between them. You may want to check that your electrics can handle 18v though, you dont want to burn anything out

EMGs can handle up to 27v (3 9v batteries). According to them, the difference between 18v and 27v isn't large.