Hey guys!

So, I want to buy a smaller little practice amp to take to school with me when we have our little after school, "School of Rock" get togethers.....

I just don't feel the need, or feel safe, taking my recitifer halfstack and pedalboard for a 45 minute practice at school.

I've always liked the Valvetronix, so that is what I am planning to go with....

My question.....which model is the one which starts with the speaker upgrade? Is it the 30 watt?

Also, are there any other amps you would really recommend?

Thanks for all the help....
The 50w is the first to have better speakers. 30w and under have the crap speakers.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You sure about the valvetronix? How bout a nice roland cube thingy, the one shaped like a cube...I just saw it at a nearby music store, and it looked pretty sweet. However, tonal wise, i wouldn't know, but i heard somebody playing through it with a behringer mic200 and it sounded pretty cool...
Cheers,
DK
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Agreed on the 50 again although wouldnt you want something cheaper to replace if it gets stolen or broken? If thats the case just the smallest one or an EPI valve jr. After all if its just a practice at school, no one will mind if you have the cheapest amp? The new valve jrs should cut through a band practice easily
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I say that a Vox AD50VT sounds like it would be a gert amp for after school jamming. Tons of features and versatility. Although, it won't have the gain that you're used to. Although, I prefer a Vox to a Roland any day.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Oh yeah! How could I forget the Epi Valve Junior? That would be perfect for what you're looking to do. Plus, just say "It's only 5 watts..." and no one will even bother stealing it.

Although that 5w tube amp is pretty damn loud for what it is!

That plus a cheap EQ pedal (danelectro, perhaps?) and a cheap overdrive pedal (Boss SD-1?) and you've got a GREAT practice amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
50W should do you fine.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
well depends on how much and size if your gunna take it to skool i own the 50 watt version its beautiful cleans and of course you should know distortion somepeople say its weak some people say its enough i personally need more but its still a great amp but it is pretty big and sorta heavy (it could be me but luggin it around my skool =/) so yeah great amp but danno13 recommended the 60 which is i thikn 100 dollars more its basically more amp models a lot more and a lot more effects with it
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Danno13
AD60VT, perhaps?

Aren't they like $600+? I would love to have one of those but I can't warrant the spending of that because I already have a tube stack and a 15 watt valvetronix.
Quote by Xenn99
Oh yeah! How could I forget the Epi Valve Junior? That would be perfect for what you're looking to do. Plus, just say "It's only 5 watts..." and no one will even bother stealing it.

Although that 5w tube amp is pretty damn loud for what it is!

That plus a cheap EQ pedal (danelectro, perhaps?) and a cheap overdrive pedal (Boss SD-1?) and you've got a GREAT practice amp.

I'd rather steal something that would fit in my backpack than something that would take two people to carry.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
wtf @
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
You sure about the valvetronix? How bout a nice roland cube thingy, the one shaped like a cube...
Quote by jmac72187
Aren't they like $600+? I would love to have one of those but I can't warrant the spending of that because I already have a tube stack and a 15 watt valvetronix.

Yeah, they are. I have one, totally worth it (in my situation at least)
Quote by Danno13
Yeah, they are. I have one, totally worth it (in my situation at least)

Maybe eventually I will be able to afford one or be able to have a reason to get one. I absolutely love the Valvetronix series. They are just so versatile and sound great. I love the sound of tubes though. I don't think I could give up my tubes for it.
Oh, certainly. If I had any stability in my location, I'd go tube as well. But as it is, I know for a fact that in 2 years, I'll be on an entirely different continent, so there was no point in getting myself a $1000 + amp. After/in college, though, I suppose I'll get myself a nice all-tube thingy.
Sounds good...I think I might just settle for a 15 or 30 watt....I don't need huge quality....this is just a punch of students and teachers screwing around....one way or the other, I can still show them all up

My GC supposedly has a big sale going on now....I'll have to check it out!