Ok, so im looking at buying another guitar. Ive had a squire strat, and now have an epi les paul classic. As much as i love them both, ive always pretty much dreamed of owning a Gibson SG Special. Are they all there cranked up to be? Ive heard some bad stuff about their finishes and i really dont want to make the wrong decision, cause at 2200 bucks australian each its one hell of a bad call. I live in a relatively small town, and our music stores dont have that kinda gear, so i cant try em out. But yeah, if you own one, or if you know someone who does can u help me out? I play tonnes of different styles, iron maiden - acdc and the likes so. Thanks heaps.
I've played them before and I have found them to be garbage. There are much better guitars for the price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I've played them before and I have found them to be garbage. There are much better guitars for the price.

I agree with him. I've played a few, and they're alright, tho maybe with a good setup they could play well. You just have to find a really good one. Try going for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Those are great guitars for the money, and you still have some left over for new strings. Also, Agile guitars are really nice. Better than any Gibson I've played.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Are they all there cranked up to be?

nope. most people who spend that kind of money on a guitar play a whole bunch of models for the best one, but since you cant do that, you might as well be sending your money to me.

Better than any Gibson I've played.

definite overstatement, but (cliche as this sounds) you have to look at the ROI for what you pay. i dont remember if agile does an sg copy anymore though--they do have a sg doubleneck.

edit grammar
Do you really need an SG tho?
They do have plenty of Double Cut models.

EDIT: I didn't properly read the threadstarters post, I see he has an Epi...haha, i r dum>,.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

where in aus do you live? maybe sometime when you're in a large city go to a music store and try a couple out?

alot of gibsons are hit and miss though
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
you could get a esp Viper-400 or even 1000 for that price. it'd own any gibson.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
no i wouldnt do that either. I like gibson sgs (as much as i hate gibson), but the special is like the G-310: not worth the money because its not really the real thing.... and with the PRSs, i wouldnt, the only (i think) low end one that is alright is the tremonti, and im not a fan of that either
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
**** that **** Joel you incorrect you can get a ESP Viper with another 300 dollars http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3184.htm but otherwise theyre arent many good ESP or Caparison guitars that cheap. yeh Maton are a pretty good acoustic brand but electric guitars im not too sure. probably should try out their guitars