Which Guitar do you reccomend for a beginner guitarist, like myself?
"And you've just had some kind of mushroom and your mind is moving low..."

[color="YellowGreen.[/COLOR"]
Im not really into metal, Im looking for more of a 60's hippie psychedellic sound. I already have a wah-wah pedal.

Quote by FrijolesN'Fish
Im not really into metal, Im looking for more of a 60's hippie psychedellic sound. I already have a wah-wah pedal.

now you only need tons of LSD to archieve that psychodellic sound
If you're talking something similar to Pink Floyd psychodillic, then look at what David Gilmour from Pink Floyd uses (fender strat).
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Im thinkin more "The Doors" or "The Jefferson airplane"

if you're new, i doubt you'll be able to tell the difference in tone anyway. I'd get a cheaper guitar first, then go try the sg and the strat in a guitar shop once you know what you want in a guitar
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
A gibson sg isn't the same as that plastic thing you got with your copy of "guitar hero"
SG, SG's were popuar among many 60's bands, Clapton used it in Cream, Robby Krieger used it in the Doors and jorma in Jefferson Airplane used a Gibson ES-335 while in Jefferson Airplane which has hunmbuckers, so the SG shoudl be clostsets to that sound, but what amp do you have?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i think the doors used a strat

but each of them would work fine,just go to the shop plug them both in and soo which one feels like yours
thats what i did
Quote by Alijonroth
i think the doors used a strat

but each of them would work fine,just go to the shop plug them both in and soo which one feels like yours
thats what i did

krieger used a sg :p

what type of sg or fender were you thinking of? whats you budget?
I would say a Strat, think about it, Hendrix made that hippie sound, and used a Strat.

But then again I am a Fender Fanboy, .
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

I'd say a strat for definate.

Well, a strat copy. If you're a beginner, I don't see why you'd want a Fender - unless you have money to throw away.
the biggest influence on the sound you have will be your amp. Tube amps are big money... but you can't really get a tube sound without the tubes. dig that.
best advice I can offer, buy either a less expensive squire or an epiphone and purchase a middle of the road tube amp.
MIM fat strat. HSS setup
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I have a Fender Champ 12 amp, but Im gonna soon get a low priced Marshall amp. Mybudget for the guitar? anywhere from 400 dollers and down. And I already have a fender strat, and im not a COMPLETE beginner. I can sturum up a few chords.

Does Epiphone sell Sg's?

Mexi made fat strat (HSS) and then if you ever need to change styles, you've got your versatility that is a fat strat :p
it'll play almost anything, especially that sort of stuff
for about £300 yuo can get a strat in the style of the 60s which was very pshychadelic
Dude

I already kind-of have a strat

Its my dad's, but he lets me play it. The reason I made this topic is because i wanted to know which guitar is better.

Im thinkin about gettin an epiphone.

^Then i hope its a G-400.

Also you need a tube amp for that pshycelic sounds, something like a Marshall JCM800/JCM900 will be good, a Laney LCor VC or a Vox Valvetronix if you got a tight budget.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Strat, without a doubt. Can sub the bridge pickup for a JB Jnr if you need a low gain/crunchier tone or something that can handle high gain if needed.
If you want a psychedelic sound a MIM Fender Telecaster would be ideal. Syd Barrett used one (well it was technically an Esquire.) I wouldn't get an Epiphone SG if I were you.
Not putting anything past d SG I think its gr8 but if ur lookin 4 a hippie sound i wud gt d strat
Quote by inefficiency
I'd say a strat for definate.

Well, a strat copy. If you're a beginner, I don't see why you'd want a Fender - unless you have money to throw away.

money spent on a good guitar is NEVER "thrown away", but rather "invested"
A new marshall amp would be nice too...idk im thinkin about sellin my xbox 360 and with the money i could get a new amp and a epiphone sg

If you get a Marshall, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get any of the MG series.

If you trade an Xbox 360 for a Marshall MG, the only way I can describe you is "fucktard".
Quote by El Toro
I would say a Strat, think about it, Hendrix made that hippie sound, and used a Strat.

But then again I am a Fender Fanboy, .

Hendrix also played an sg
maybe a peavey valveking???? those are cheap for tube amps, and for the hippie sound i'd go with the strat, i love SG's though...
I prefer a SG I've played both and own both. Sit down and play both including several models of the same and see what you think.
Alright. Could I do that at any local guitar store

when I hear the term SG I imeediately think hard rock. If thats not what you are into then I would recommend a strat. Strats are pretty versatile and can play a lot.

im currently debating between a schecter c-1 classic and a Faded sg special.
Decisions decisions....the only thing i have heard bad about the sg specials is that the pickups arent that great, but im thinking about getting the sg anywayz and maybe upgrading the pups down the road...
*HEY KID*

Ok, FIRST OF ALL, you say you're a beginner.

Put the wah pedal away for now if you're still learning the basics.

You need to know how a guitar works and how to play it well before messin with the fancy effects and stuff.

:P
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
*HEY KID*

Ok, FIRST OF ALL, you say you're a beginner.

Put the wah pedal away for now if you're still learning the basics.

You need to know how a guitar works and how to play it well before messin with the fancy effects and stuff.

:P

wtf. seriously mate i never knew how a guitar worked for 4 years so really who cares about how a guitar works as long as he can play it is all that matters right.