What is the best way, in a small state (Canberra, Australia), to get your self noticed to other muscians? How would I go about trying to find people to jam with, or to even form a band?

I've just finished year 12, and now I begin (so much damn free time!)
But where???

Please, I need something, or sombody to help me abit here... I almost feel lost in my place in this world...
Last edited by Emil_Gorecki at Aug 10, 2006,
Word of Mouth is the best advertising tool. Also start showing up at other people's gigs and just talk to them. Put ads up.. although i'm not a fan of them. Use myspace. etc/
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
man, its Australia, we never get noticed no matter how good we are. My guitar teacher used to teach Dimebag how 2 shred. Yet does anyone notice the little Aussie battlers??? NO
oops i just realised that what i sed ^ was completely irrelevant. Play at all your mates 18ths and stuff. Just offer to play anytime anywhere, eventually someone is going to hear you
Play one of your shows naked. Then whenever you play again, the crowd will be like, "Hey they're the naked band." And you're known.
Ah get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Quote by scika
Play one of your shows naked. Then whenever you play again, the crowd will be like, "Hey they're the naked band." And you're known.

exactly
try to be unique
but dont make it lame
have a signature
interact with the crowd
communicate as much as you can
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
There's this musician in my town who plays bass and wears a chicken suit to every gig. He goes by the name of Elvis Chicken...odd.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
There's this musician in my town who plays bass and wears a chicken suit to every gig. He goes by the name of Elvis Chicken...odd.

haha The "odd" on the end of that made it the funniest thing ever. I have got to see a show like that
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
maybe move out of act, why do you live there it's so small
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Play on the street, that way lots of people will notice you. You may also get money from it too.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society