Anyone think Maton acoustics, are a good brand? I'm looking at a price range of $1500+. Just need some background on em etc.
To slide, bend and hammer = The sound of a blowing tree
No, he means Maton. Its an Aussie guitar company. I'm assuming they don't come to the US...I've never ever seen one.

*edit* ^at least not in a guitar shop

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I also really like Larivee guitars. My favorite guitar is my Gibson L-4A Acoustic/Electric Cutaway with Rosewood Back and Sides and a Spruce top. I bought it for $1659 at the Guitar Center. I know some people don't like shopping at Guitar Center for acoustics, but sometimes they do have really good acoustic guitars there and their prices are hard to beat. But my guitar did need setup from a quality guitar repairman before it really was perfect for playing, and that was really not a big deal. I would suggest asking a local store to order the guitar for you, instead of ordering it off the internet, because as with any guitar, it is better to try before you buy.
Quote by Carpmuncher
I also really like Larivee guitars. My favorite guitar is my Gibson L-4A Acoustic/Electric Cutaway with Rosewood Back and Sides and a Spruce top. I bought it for $1659 at the Guitar Center. I know some people don't like shopping at Guitar Center for acoustics, but sometimes they do have really good acoustic guitars there and their prices are hard to beat. But my guitar did need setup from a quality guitar repairman before it really was perfect for playing, and that was really not a big deal. I would suggest asking a local store to order the guitar for you, instead of ordering it off the internet, because as with any guitar, it is better to try before you buy.

Wow...thats a lot of cash for a guitar that has laminated back and sides...

Gear:
What were you referring to, the Gibson or the Larivee, The L-4A that I have is made with solid rosewood back and sides, and I am pretty sure all of them are, and also Most Larivee guitars are made with solid back and sides.
Quote by Carpmuncher
What were you referring to, the Gibson or the Larivee, The L-4A that I have is made with solid rosewood back and sides, and I am pretty sure all of them are, and also Most Larivee guitars are made with solid back and sides.

I'm pretty sure they are laminated...I don't really care, if you like it you like it.

When the advertise and say solid sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides, it usually means they laminated.

This is your guitar...notice the way it talks about the back and sides...
http://www.music123.com/Gibson-L-4-A-Rosewood---Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-i158560.music

This is another Gibson with all solid wood...

http://www.music123.com/Gibson-Songwriter-Cutaway---Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-i158557.music

Gear:
I had gibson check my serial number to see if it was solid or laminated, and I found out that it was solid back and sides, and also that the L-4A is not a regular production model and the dealer can order it to the specifications that they want, so it might be hard to find it, and I am still not sure whether the ones on music123 are solid or laminated.