Yeah, it's me again, and I have another problem. My problem is, now I can't get the guitar to stay in tune, I put new strings in, but they just won't stay in tune. For example, i'll tune it and play a single chord, when I see if its in tune, all the strings are de-tuned. My guitar came with these locking nuts, but even when i put those on, it still goe's out of tune. Does anybody have an suggestions on how to get it to stay in tune?

If you didn't read my last post, my guitar is an Ibanez RGT42DXM.

All help is welcome, thanks
new strings always go out of tune for a few days unless you stretch them
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Quote by mikb
new strings always go out of tune for a few days unless you stretch them

^ exactly!

wait a few days, keep tuning them and stretch them as well and they will soon be good
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
i find that strecthing the strings 3-4 turns over what they're spossed to be tuned to and then returning them back to what they should be helps a lot with new strings staying in tune
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
A gibson sg isn't the same as that plastic thing you got with your copy of "guitar hero"
You can stretch them as soon as you put them on your guitar. Just watch tv for a while with your guitar on your lap jsut absent-mindedly stretching them, that's what i did and it worked fine.
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Okay, great. But as you said before, how do you stretch them? do you just tighten them really hard and then loosen them up?
Quote by Mcassidy42
Okay, great. But as you said before, how do you stretch them? do you just tighten them really hard and then loosen them up?

well you can ofcourse but I think its better if you hold a not att frets 3,5,7,9,12 etc, and while holding one note at a time you take the string your freting betwen your thumb and fingers and then lift upwards
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. But does anybody know why my other guitar didn't have these tuning problems, is it something with the tremolo or what?
Quote by Mcassidy42
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. But does anybody know why my other guitar didn't have these tuning problems, is it something with the tremolo or what?

what was your other guitar? but yeh its always like this new strings will go out of tune until theyre fully stretched.