I wonder of any of you guys could give me tips on a playing a certain kind of yngwie riff, an example show below from "evil eye"

|--------------------------------|----------------------------------------10h12h13
|--------------------------------|-----------------------------10-12-13--------
|---------------7---9~---------|------------------9-10-12-----------------
|--9---9---10----------7---6|-7--10-9-10-12-------------------------
|--------------------------------|---------------------------------------

(sorry, it looks a bit cramped!)

I would reall like to be able to play riffs like these, but i can never see myself getting to to the same speed as the man himself. Heck, if i could play it half the speed without making a mistake i would be happy.I dont even know how to begin practising this! So i was wondering if any of you out there had any tips, or any good methods to playing these kind of riffs, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot guys.
First of all, use code for this sort of thing:
tab
<-- Without the spaces.

|--------------------------------|----------------------------------------10h12h13
|--------------------------------|-----------------------------10-12-13--------
|---------------7---9~---------|------------------9-10-12-----------------
|--9---9---10----------7---6|-7--10-9-10-12-------------------------

Second of all, use a metronome and alternate picking. Start off SLOW, so you can play it flawless and graduatly increase the speed.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
As the guy before said, just practice it super slow, and then gradually "up" the metronome, until you can play it like Yngwie.
practice as slowly as it takes to play it absolutely cleanly - from there you can increase speed using a metronome by about 2, and once you get to a speed you can't play, drop it about 20bpm and repeat
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.