Mhmm www.myspace.com/wearephoenix and www.wearephoenix.com

Parisienne band (!) who have just released their third album (not including a live release), It's Never Been Like That. I think in some ways it's a lot better since their first two, they've come on a lot, but in other ways it's not. Nonetheless, it's awesome (IMO). Kinda poppy in places but I love their energetic and somewhat-raw sound, you can hear a few tunes on their myspace and shizz.

You can also see the vid for the new single Consolation Prizes on their site ^^

Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
There's been quite a lot of attention on this album from them, from the places I go on the net anyway, and it sounds good, but they haven't released it over here have they?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah I bought it a few weeks ago in Music Zone (the king of all shops except Fopp)
Quote by Kensai
Really?
I've not seen it in Rough Trade or on amazon, which gave me the impression that it hasn't been released here. I'll keep my eye out in shops now though
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I've been meaning to pick up United and It's Never Been Like That. I think United is usually considered their best, but I've heard great things about the new one as well. They've taken on more of a straight forward indie rock sound for the new album, whereas their older stuff is more synth-oriented. I highly reccomend the song "Too Young." It was featured in Lost In Translation. (amazing movie and soundtrack by the way) I actually think one of the guy's is dating the director, Sophia Coppola.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Hmmmm

It's......different.

Me likey.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I have Alphabetical, it's good but it doesn't get played a whole lot. It's just one of those things I don't feel like listening to all the time.
Last edited by slinks at Aug 10, 2006,
I heard them on the Lost In Translation soundtrack - they are pretty good and I should really check out more
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I like the song Long Distance Phone Call. I'll have to pick up the new album. Anyway, score another good band for Arts & Crafts!
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

:d
Quote by Kensai