Damnit, i hit the wrong button, ahh, im looking at both these guitars, they're in my price range so. I play through a 65watt Fender Frontman, and i play everything from iron maiden to acdc, and need awesome distortion but singing cleans? WHich is better? and if they both suck, whats a good alternative?
i have an ibanez RG350EX its an awesom guitar for that kinda stuff but its cheaper its like £320(i think the sg special is around £500 isnt it?)
"See that light at the end of the tunnel?It's an express train comin' ur way."
i can't stand ibanez; but they are good instruments. i'd pick the SG.
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
Id pick the maton, id reccommend gettin the one with duncans in it, it looks great and sounds great. You can get a warm les paully tone but then get a bright fender humbucker kinda thing as well. Fret access is easier on a sg, but it doesnt seem you like you need it that much (fret access).
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
The Maton any day. The Gibson isn't all that - you're paying for the brand name. With Maton you're paying for decent wood and hardware. Only thing is the pickups are meant to be a bit lacking on some of the Matons. The ones with Seymour Duncans or the Maton JH (Joshua Homme) pickups are good but the rest you may want to change.
id say get a new amp. if you want those sounds id highly spend the money on investing in a tube amp
I'd say i could just go into a store and try em out, but i live in a relatively small town, and our music stores arent real crash hot. I am however, going to perth to visit my cousins, so its probably worth going to one there and trying them both out. Ive always loved the look of an sg, and just the raw power it puts out, but the matons look good. Don't know about the sound cause ive never heard em so. I always felt that a lot of the gibson price was for the brand name, whereas maton are more renowned for their acoustics i believe, so thats not realy an issue. Which has a better sound? without upgrading the pickups?
Quote by alex57910
I'd say i could just go into a store and try em out, but i live in a relatively small town, and our music stores arent real crash hot. I am however, going to perth to visit my cousins, so its probably worth going to one there and trying them both out. Ive always loved the look of an sg, and just the raw power it puts out, but the matons look good. Don't know about the sound cause ive never heard em so. I always felt that a lot of the gibson price was for the brand name, whereas maton are more renowned for their acoustics i believe, so thats not realy an issue. Which has a better sound? without upgrading the pickups?

probably the Maton but really in Perth there arent too many good shops that have a wide variety of gear