Hey

I'm looking to buy a new gutiar since i think the gutiar i have already (my Dean) is a bit trashed. I was thinking of buying a B.C.Rich warlock since i like playing death metal and the like,so the Warlock is more suited to the type of music i play.

Also could somebody recomend a new amp for me? The one I currently have has started making a strange fizzy sound but i yet have to look at it.

Thanks
dont get any BC Rich unless its a NJ series. which kick ass
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Okay,Gutiar budget would be below £300 and amp i dont really mind since im buying it myself

thanks
Hey mate,

I know everyone will flame me for this - and probably you as well I'm afraid...... In case you don't already know, B.C. Rich are frowned upon here on UG. I will tell you straight up that my deluxe warlock is one of the best guitars I have ever played - period! I've played high end jackson, ibanez, schecter, Dean etc. and its really a great guitar! (It's not the best but its very very good)

They have them at Musicians Friend (www.musiciansfriend.com) for under $300 US! Its the BC Rich Deluxe Warlock - set neck, eastern mahogany body, diamond inlays, body binding etc. It doesn't feel cheap at all and it has a really thin fretboard which is unbelievably fast for shredding!

I do agree that the low end BC Richs are TERRIBLE! They are honestly really poor. The Deluxe I'm talking about runs on par with the N.J. series warlocks but doesnt have a FL licsened Trem.

If you have any questions or you want to hear a demo of the guitar, PM me and tell me some bands you like and I'll record something and send it to you.

I have to go - I can hear people coming to flame me........

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
maverick the greatest guitars ever, seriously check out a f1
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
ah sorry , thaught ur burdjet was £300 including guitar and amp. also the guy recomending the Ibanez S470 is right , very nice guitar if u want a trem without having to get a higher end RG.
Quote by codybcool
I PMed u mate - check it and get back to me......

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by danastasi
Hey mate,

I know everyone will flame me for this - and probably you as well I'm afraid...... In case you don't already know, B.C. Rich are frowned upon here on UG. I will tell you straight up that my deluxe warlock is one of the best guitars I have ever played - period! I've played high end jackson, ibanez, schecter, Dean etc. and its really a great guitar! (It's not the best but its very very good)

They have them at Musicians Friend (www.musiciansfriend.com) for under $300 US! Its the BC Rich Deluxe Warlock - set neck, eastern mahogany body, diamond inlays, body binding etc. It doesn't feel cheap at all and it has a really thin fretboard which is unbelievably fast for shredding!

I do agree that the low end BC Richs are TERRIBLE! They are honestly really poor. The Deluxe I'm talking about runs on par with the N.J. series warlocks but doesnt have a FL licsened Trem.

If you have any questions or you want to hear a demo of the guitar, PM me and tell me some bands you like and I'll record something and send it to you.

I have to go - I can hear people coming to flame me........

Cheers,

Dan

UUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM that is a low end B.C. Rich. Even good B.C. Rich's (NJ series) are still very uncomfortable to play do to the odd shape. My dad said he would by me my first electric guitar when I was 12 and I wanted a rich so bad. I went to guitar center played a few chords (I played acoustic for a 3 years before I got an electric) and thought wow this is cool it has distortion. I didn't know crap about electric guitars because I played acoustic. I went to my sisters BF who played guitar and told him I'm getting it and he said "NO I WONT LET YOU" so I didn't get it and I don't regret it. WOW sorry I felt like telling a story.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Danastasi, I'm sure no one would flame you for liking a bc rich, but I'm also pretty sure there will not be many that agree with you, I've never personally seen a bc rich that was worth the pain of finishing an entire song on. But, the threadstarter asked for suggestions, and specifically mentioned warlocks, so it's really dumb that you feel like you have to pm him to avoid flamage. Just state your opinion and be prepared to defend it. If the threadstarter decides on getting your guitar after everyone has argued over features, quality, etc., then you have done exactly what he asked, he wanted a suggestion for a warlock, and thats what you gave him.

You can't run and hide from ignorant people, they're all around.
Quote by living.dead.guy
Hey

I'm looking to buy a new gutiar since i think the gutiar i have already (my Dean) is a bit trashed. I was thinking of buying a B.C.Rich warlock since i like playing death metal and the like,so the Warlock is more suited to the type of music i play.

Also could somebody recomend a new amp for me? The one I currently have has started making a strange fizzy sound but i yet have to look at it.

Thanks

How much money do you have?

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Guys,

I've been around these forums for a while now, and to be honest, the only people that say anything good about BC rich are 13 year old emo poser kids with no musical sense whatsoever. Apart from the customs which cost some stupid amount of money, BC richs are crap! I'll be honest - this is the only BC Rich I have ever played that I like! I hate the bronze, the plainum and the NJ! THis guitar has a set neck and has the thinnest neck I've ever played on a guitar! It's incredible for shredding.....
I asked him to PM me if he wanted sound clips of the guitar. I just didnt want to get in a fightwith someone whos telling me what I already know.......

I will defend my views and opinions, but its just not worth it with some of the people around here.......

Cheers anyway!

Dan

EDIT - threadstarter - the brands you'd want to be looking at for metal and death and stuff would be;

Possible BC Rich if you find one you really like, ESP/LTD, Dean, Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter, Possibly Epiphone, etc - if a guitar has crap pups - get a pup change if you really want the guitar to rip!
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at Aug 10, 2006,
Ok, if you want a warlock, get platinum pro or NJ
But if you want thrash and death metal, i suppose thin neck would be good as they're quite speedy, so ibanez are good, but they havent reallt got the death an thrash sound, i suppose its mainly down to the amp and pick-ups though, get a set of EMGs in whicever guitar you get and get a good amp and you're set
Avoid any BC Rich from the:

Bronze / Signature Series;
Platinum / Body Art series;
Platinum Pro series.

These are all very bad guitars, regardless of the body style.

However, people on UG tend to paint all BC Rich guitars with the same brush, and that's not the case. If you get an NJ series or better, you have an all-around awesome guitar. In that case, it really jsut comes down to whether you like the oddball shapes or not. I tend to like some, and hate others.

But I will never put the higher end BC Rich guitars down, even if I don't like the shape. Those are badass guitars regardless what some may tell you. Just avoid their low end schlock.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by living.dead.guy
The Ibanez S470 looks awesome! And yeah,I'll check out tube amps too

Thanks alot guys

s470 = 2nd best guitar I've ever played (I don't care what you say, those razorback 2-tones are the sex) NJ series BC Rich ARE very nice, but you can get a better guitar for the price.
Dickless.