Is there really any difference except the price (rg is more exp. than s520), that each guitar suits the guitarists purpose and the trem? One won't really notice the 1mm difference between Wizard and Wizard II-neck?

I was asking about a guitar for metal a month ago and was suggested the RG, MH-400 and Jackson Dinky, but no one mentioned the S520EX, which imo, after what I've read, is superior to the RG1570 when playing metal.

Opinions please!

Oh, and the S520EX looks alot better than the RG imo.
RG is basswood, 24 frets, Edge Pro trem, HSH pup configuration
S is 22 frets, ZR trem, mahogany body, HH pup configuration

I wouldn't say the S is "superior" to the RG, the 1570 is an Ibanez Prestige, only turn-off may be the basswood body, otherwise I would say the RG is much better, 24 frets, Edge Pro which has more range than the ZR, and HSH for versatility.
RG1570 that's for sure. And yes, you will find a ****ing difference between the wizard and wizard II prestige necks. The RG is more expensive but it will worth it, unless you don't wanna shred. Do you wanna play Green Day or Malmsteen? That's the point. Do you know what I mean?
my guitar will make you cry
explain the difference between wizard and wizard II. RG has the Wizard and S the Wizard II right? From what I've read, the Wiz II is 1mm thicker, that's it. btw, I am not a shredder.
The RG is a "Prestige" guitar, which generally means it is of superior build quality to non-prestige Ibanez guitars. Prestige is kinda the cream of the crop - unless you want to invest heavily in a J-Custom...
So, the RG is a ibanez prestige, because it has a pro edge tremolo and a wizard II neck. This neck is really fine to play at fast tempos than the wizard from the SZ. But if you do´n't wanna play those crazy solos with dive bombs and fast runs.. Why buy the RG? Buy the other or even the Jackson. Yeah for you probably the Jackson.
my guitar will make you cry
hehe no i dont do divebombs and no i dont do shredding (yet) so it seems like the S520EX would suit me very well, and i like what i've read about the ZR trem and the WIz II-neck. Anyway it would be a giant leap from playing on my gibson les paul which has the fattest and most unplayable neck in guitar history.
Quote by Saphira Night
So, the RG is a ibanez prestige, because it has a pro edge tremolo and a wizard II neck. This neck is really fine to play at fast tempos than the wizard from the SZ. But if you do´n't wanna play those crazy solos with dive bombs and fast runs.. Why buy the RG? Buy the other or even the Jackson. Yeah for you probably the Jackson.

Jackson are shred machines. They are built for shredding. If you don't want to do solos then don't get a jackson.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by kornfake
hehe no i dont do divebombs and no i dont do shredding (yet) so it seems like the S520EX would suit me very well, and i like what i've read about the ZR trem and the WIz II-neck. Anyway it would be a giant leap from playing on my gibson les paul which has the fattest and most unplayable neck in guitar history.

yeh you probably could do with new pickups if you dont like the sound of the pickups when you get the guitar.