Every guitarist has his/her own practice routine that fits his/her needs and goals.
There are a lot of articles about this topic but it would be nice to have a sort of tips from you. So, leave your best tips and questions in this thread!

Rock On
my guitar will make you cry
Last edited by Saphira Night at Aug 10, 2006,
just practice on what you feel you need to improve on??? it's pretty simple.
i usually go for something thats like just above my playing level, and keep on at that to improve my level, then do the same again.....the only problem is knowing which tab to go for
Quote by Godbe
i usually go for something thats like just above my playing level, and keep on at that to improve my level, then do the same again.....the only problem is knowing which tab to go for

The magazine Guitar Techniques has a difficulty level in each lesson, like moderate, moderate-advanced. This helps a lot when you need to know in wich level you are.
my guitar will make you cry
I think its better if you learn songs you cant play yet, something really hard and technical, or at least something you love that is a little difficult to learn... Its alot funner than doing a few excercises over and over, and you learn a new song, and you gain skill. Also youd be surprised at the results. If you blow at tapping arpeggios, practice something like Symphony X or Necrophagist, and when you finish the song and get it to a moderate tempo, youd be shocked at how easy it has become.