what are some good joe satriani songs to play that are a little easier than some of his others?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Most of the satch tunes actually have quite easy melodys in them but when it comes to the solo sections when he goes insane thats usually where it gets complicated. As far as good satch songs to play,

Ice 9
Satch Boogie
Flying In a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alient
Always with me , Always with you.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
the crush of love and cryin' are probably the two easiest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
x2 Dave, crush of love, despite being many peoples fav. (not mine) is very easy, crying is nice and slow, but you gotta have soul man. uh...thats about as far as 'easy' satch goes
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The Mystical Potatoe Head Groove Thing and Tears in the rain
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
Tears IN THE F***ING RAIN??? thats not an easy song for a beginner IMO, took me a while to learn that one and get used to the stretching for the fingerings...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Mystical Potatoe Head Groove Thing is pretty easy once you get the really fast part down, in the Joe Satriani Anthology notes it says he has to practice it daily if he wants to perform it live. watch G3 Denver for an idea of how to do it well. Always With Me, Always With You is pretty easy, and so is Starry Night.
The Extremist, my fav Satch song at the moment, its fairly easy except when you get deep into the solo
big bad moon
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
Love Thing - the easiest song.
Midnight - Easy once you get down the tapping pattern.
i found super colossal to be pretty simple and the solo isn't that hard if you get the speed down.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Quote by El Codyo
Top Gun Theme (I'm pretty sure Satch did that)

steve stevens, I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nah, Satch definitely didn't do the Top Gun theme. I think the guy that posted above me is right.

Easy Satch songs? "ZZ's Song" is pretty simple. "Midnight" sounds more complicated than it is, if you can get the left and right hand taps coordinated well. "Tears in the Rain" can be pretty easy too, but has a few wide stretches at the beginning which can be tricky. Man, why don't you pick a song that you like and then stick at it, coming back to it again and again as your technique improves? That way you can always use it as a way of measuring how much better you get.
Member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

Pm Davidian to join.