I run a Gretsch g1616 through a Beringher gmx210, and on my drive channel, i can't turn my volume past about 3 1/2 without tremendous feedback. my guitar is kinda semi-hollow (no f-holes, but it definitley has a pretty big hollow spot below the bridge). could that be the problem? any suggestions?
it might be that your pickups are microphonic, this is often the prob. with Epiphone, dunno about Gretsch. Thats all i can say im afraid, but look into that.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
actually its MUCH more likely ur amp. turn from it, get a longer guitar chord. and look for an upgrade.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
, DUH. didnt think of that...hmph in stoopid
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by jj1565
actually its MUCH more likely ur amp. turn from it, get a longer guitar chord. and look for an upgrade.

+1 but are you facing the amp when your on drive? and how high is your gain?
thanks, guys. I usually play pretty close to my amp, facing it, even though i have a 15' cable. I also had my gain up to 10. I lowered it,(to about 4) and that really helped.
well usually it's really weird, but it's not about the cable lenght. if you play in high vol, and you are close to the amp, you just will get feedback.
is that a semi-acoustic?

cause they feedback like **** don't they?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by urik
well usually it's really weird, but it's not about the cable lenght. if you play in high vol, and you are close to the amp, you just will get feedback.

its not that wierd, he was playing right in front of a behringer amp with a semi hollow.
it not about the length but the longer length gave him the distance he needed to walk away. i think that's what u were saying anyway.

^yes acoustics and semi hollows will feed back easier.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011