I'm looking for a wah pedal for heavy metal, mostly to use during solos (Metallica, Slayer) but also for using in riffs and rhythm stuff (Black Label Society). I was considering the Ibanez Weeping Demon, Dimebag Wah, 535Q, and also the Wylde Wah, although I've heard his sig wah isn't worth the money. Which would be best?
Last edited by pierce34celtic at Aug 10, 2006,
All wah's seem nice, I really like Dunlop Wah's. There is a slash signature wah out if you are interesed in that. Otherwise I haven't play those specific wah's/

By the way nice username, I am a celtic fan.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
I have the dimebag wah, and I like it a lot man. It's got a ton of features, all of the 535Q features, plus an extra sweep fine tune. As an aside, if you have an old GCB-95, or can get one cheap, they are easy to mod to simliar specs as the ZW. Never tried the weepeing demon unfortunately. There's also the Morely's to check out with that auto on feature.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I tried a 535Q at Guiat Center once it was way better than the Weeping Demon. I would get it.I've heard nothing but good things. Its supposed to be a very versitale wah, so I bet you can get what you're looking for out of it.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
For metal wah's I would lean towards Morley or Vox
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
^^ I like how you've repeated what the guy above you said.
Quote by noah22791
There is a slash signature wah out if you are interesed in that.

Yeah except its really pricey
Quote by Erock503
if you have an old GCB-95, or can get one cheap, they are easy to mod to simliar specs as the ZW.

Totally agreed. I did this a few weeks ago and it helped alot, if you want to do some easy mods all you need to do is change a few resistors and capistors. You can also do the true bypass mod & Change the inductor. Theres loads of articles flying around, PM me and I can send you some links
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone