Whats up guys...well the guitar has to go in the shop; the main one, the jackson. Sure Im prett pissed about it because its a 1100 dollar guitar with electronics worse than a squire. Id heard about the bad volume pots beforehand but never thought I was going to get stuck with them, well now I am after 8 months of working fine, my volume pot ****s the bed(allthough it does give me a nice tremelo sound haha). So heres what Im having done for the sake of "if its gonna be in the shop, dont let it be in the shop again."

Things I need done:
1.New Volume and tone pots(gotta buy them too)
2.Tremelo blocked off
3.Neck Adjustment
4.Lower Action
5.Fix Intonation
6.Pickup hieght/Pole Piece adjustment

And lastly about how much do you think its going to run me....IM thinking around 200, but its well worth it, I do love the guitar.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
yeh it should be around that, but i would not be surprised, mind, if you get charged more for all that you know....damned shoppies....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
all US prices...
1. vol pots are less than $5-10 each, stewmac.com. about $30-40 labor.
2.unstead of blocking the trem, (which is just a block of wood) just add up to 5 springs ($2 for a set) and tighten the trem screws. a level bridge wont fall out of tune and u can still use it. its a floyd right? that's money, so tighten the bridge urself.
3+. lower action part of set up, on floyd, should be around $150, for the levelling, intonation, restring, neck, and pickup height.

seriously tho, unless ur bridge is a disaster, u can do most of this urself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the bridge is not a disaster at all and its not about the tuning stability, the damn thing always is in tune, I just need to be able to drop d(I love playing metal, dont play metal in my band, but love to play it on my own), and mind you I have a low profile floyd so theres no option for a D Tuna or anything of that nature. The tremol-no is not an option either considering it has substantial problems, so i figure blocking the trem is the best option. The bridge is perfectly level I set that up myself, but im not going to do my first neck adjustment on an 1100 dollar guitar, I am however going to try it on my samick n see how that comes out. chances are im still sending it to my luthier, and he doesnt run out of a big shop he works out of his basement, so it may be less than thought.

as for the volume/toners, I want the BEST electronics in the guitar I dont want to ever have to wory about it again, I dont know if they sell top of the line pots per se, but Im going to tell him I want the best ones. I dont know if that makes a difference at all but we'll see.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
well more like $20. high quality pot is just under $10.

anyway junction, looks like u have all ur basis' covered. but if u have any specific questions, repost.

ur right tho, its always a little off putting, when u start doing a truss rod adjustments.
practice on the cheapo. and remember, small 1/8" turns. ull be fine.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011