I have no idea what my next guitar should be. Right now I have a Fender Fat Strat and my next guitar i want to be from 600$-800$. Help m out because I dont know what to get
styles, favourite players and amp please....and how long youve been playing, although thats nto as important
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
More of your tone comes from your amp than your guitar. The fat strat is pretty good so a new amp will probably make you sound better faster
A new guitar won't sound that much better through the solid state crate, if you get a nice tube amp, you're current guitar, the fender, will sound much better through a tube amp than the crate. Always consider that a Decent/good guitar through good amp is always better than great guitar through crap amp.
Quote by pierce34celtic
A new guitar won't sound that much better through the solid state crate, if you get a nice tube amp, you're current guitar, the fender, will sound much better through a tube amp than the crate. Always consider that a Decent/good guitar through good amp is always better than great guitar through crap amp.

My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Your amp will affect your tone way more than your guitar will, if you were willing to spend about 800 on a guitar, and have decided to get an amp instead since that would really be the better choice, I highly recommend you save up about 300 more and buy a b-52 at-100 halfstack, its the best quality amp you'll find thats remotely in your price range.

I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to learn to type faster.
Carvin SX300

its not tube, but its sucessful tube emulation... its an SS amp that has the tone and volume tubes ShOULD have

A half stack is in ur price range, too

www.Carvin.com

amazing
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Ya they're right you need a New amp you play rock and some metal and you have 600-800 i suggest looking into a Used JCM 900 it seems good for what you need. But im not to good on rock amps as im more of a metal player myself
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Chances are you don't really need a big amp, or a new guitar. Stay practicing hard and form a band, then consider getting better gear. If you have to, a JCM800. Maybe a Laney of some kind, perhaps a GH100L, or an LC50 if you want a combo.
i dont even know... all i knwo is you replace the expensive ass tubes every once ina while to keep your tone good

thats why i bought the Carvin
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
VOX AD-50VT. Celestion speakers, valve in preamp, many modeling sounds, extremely versatile, yes im an AD fanboy, nuff said. GET IT
--
ok. u turn the tubes on, wait a few minutes, turn the amp on, and ur tone will sound almost natural opposed to a solid state which sounds mor computerized.
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
nope, you can still buy the vox ad 120 vt, or a marshall JCM combo if you really want,
--
I'm begging you, save up for a b-52, they're about 1100 brand new for the halfstack. They are the closest thing to mesa without having to sell your family into slavery. Marshall is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated. Besides, do you really want to get something as expensive and delicate as a tube amp shipped through the mail to you by some random person who only cares about making the deal and getting your money, I'm sure they'll be completely truthful on ebay and take extra care when packing it up to ship to you.

I'm not saying that some people aren't genuine, but its still risky buying something like that off ebay. And the b-52 is a superior amp so it doesn't really matter does it?
(by the way, all the above statements are completely MY opinion and are not necessarily fact)
yea tube amps are nice, but not for everyone...

For example, im a college student living in a dorm...my college is fairly big, and old, so the dorm rooms are small...very small...I dont have room for a tube amp, nor the cash flow. But if your going to be going to college in the next year or so, it might not be in your best interest.

Right now I have an Ibanez RG320dx, and an even cheaper Fender Frontman 15watt amp (15$ off of ebay! WOO) but when I go back off to college im going to the guitar center and picking up a Vox AD30 and a Schecter C-1...or some sort of strat...but im leaning towards the schecter...anyways...

a good amp is a great idea, a tube amp is even better. If your gonna get a tube amp though id recommend buying new and not off of ebay. You never know what your gonna get, I got my first crap on ebay becuase well....they were cheap stuff to begin with.

But before you go throwing down 1000-2000$ make sure you know what you want, what you need, and what would be best.

Goodluck
solid state amps have sound that come from transistors and capacitators (the guys wh know about this kind of stuff will know what i'm talking about). tube amps have a natural sound frome the tubes in it. They give it the warmth that is need for live gigs and recording and for anything else. Solid states are good amps for small gigs and stuff like that. but if you want to go big, a tube amp will make all the difference.

And about the guitar. Go with the Shecter C-1 Elite or the Hellraiser. they are both very versitile guitars and are good for aything you want to play.
This is Bob. Bob likes sharp things. Bob likes you. I suggest you run from Bob.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.