I'm asumming, perhaps wrongly, that their is a way to turn of the effects, so you hear the true sound on the amp and speaker etc etc.

I ask because i fancy buying one of these at some point, and don't want to waste my time.

which of these would you recommend for someone who plays mainly at home, with only the odd bit of playing in church halls and school? would the 15W be enough?

thanks.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
I'd go with the 30.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
30 is more than enough. You might be able to pull of 15 especially in a church with acoustics, as for a school full of kids, I am not sure.

I would go for the 15. Tube amps are really quite loud, you'd be surprised at how loud it gets.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
i got the ad30vt a couple days ago..im in love with it, and yes there is a bypass button to turn off all the effects
Quote by noah22791
30 is more than enough. You might be able to pull of 15 especially in a church with acoustics, as for a school full of kids, I am not sure.

I would go for the 15. Tube amps are really quite loud, you'd be surprised at how loud it gets.

Tube amps?
Valvetronix arent tube. I would get the 30 to be sure.
Quote by noah22791

...except neither of them are actual tube amps.

Either way, though, I'd think the 15 would be enough...if you're really anal about it, you could get a 30 just to be safe; and yes, you can turn off the effects.

[shameless plug]

I'm selling a like-new AD15VT, PM for more info.

[/shameless plug]
ah, cheers. i might have to get the 15, as funds are a bit low.

how does the wattage/volume thing work with hybrids? i know a 15W tube amp is louder thjan a 15w SS amp, but what about a 15W hybrid? is it just the same as a ss, cos the poweramp is ss?
Quote by Dave_Mc

1. Valvetronix aren't tube. They contain 1 12AX7 preamp tube at the input stage of the power amp to 'warm up' the sound. It has no effect on the volume of the amp, as the power amp is solid state.

2. I'd say to go for the 30W as a BARE MINIMUM. It should be suitable for church and for home practice, but little else. If you plan on actually playing with a band on a regular basis, then get at least the 50W model. It has a better speaker, better sound, better, effects, etc and is a much, MUCH better amp for not a whole lot more money.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
cheers. i don't need the 50W, but i think i'll go with the 30W. thanks for all yer help.
Quote by Dave_Mc