Page 1 of 7
What do you guys think of the guys in Dragonforce and Muhammed from Necrophagiat form a shredding point of view?
Last edited by bsoates at Aug 10, 2006,
Well, Muhammed is one of the best guitarists I have ever seen. His style of riffing us unmatched in technicality.

However, you should ask this in the Random Shred Chat thread, or put it in the metal forum.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
eek prepare to get flamed

but whatever.....i like dragonforce sam and herman both are great (this is my opinion so leave me the **** alone) and ive never heard necrophagist what do you recommend by them
^^If you don't like death metal you won't like Necrophagist, but if you do...Only Ash Remains, Stabwound, Fermented Offal Discharge, Diminished to B

Necrophagist is great. Dragonforce sucks lol.
Dragonforce is extremely crap, Necrophagist is okay.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I like both bands, but prefer Dragonforce myself. It would be nice if those guys got a little tighter during their live shows
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Necrophagist is great. I've got both their albums & I enjoy both, but the first one is better imo

Dragonforce < sh!t imo lol
Necrophagist is amazing. Muhammed is amazing.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Necrophagist are okay, I don't really dig the vocals, Dragonforce on a guitaring level are crap, but I really like the vocals.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Yea, DF's vocalist can actually sing live which I'm mildly impressed with. Otherwise I despise that band, booorriingg.

Necrophagist is allright, I listen to them periodically, but it tends to get a little repetitive. First album is the only one worth listening to imho.
I absolutely hate DragonForce. Can you say cartoon band?
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I don't like either of them really, but if I had to choose, it'd be Necrophagist by far.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
I actually like Dragonforce quite a bit after listening to them over vacation. I really don't like the guitar solos or that double bass drum thing that is in almost every song and how all the songs are really fast blah blah blah, but I really like the singing and writing of the songs. And I really don't care about how they are live, I never have enough money to go anyways...
I have nothing to put in here.
Quote by Righteous
I actually like Dragonforce quite a bit after listening to them over vacation. I really don't like the guitar solos or that double bass drum thing that is in almost every song and how all the songs are really fast blah blah blah, but I really like the singing and writing of the songs. And I really don't care about how they are live, I never have enough money to go anyways...

u can't afford $30 CAN?

that's what the price was when they came here...

(I still didn't go tho )
tbh i have never heard of Necrophagist. DRAGONFORCE, bad name, good band, the only real highlight of the band is the cool noises Herman makes with his guitar, good songs and all but really all Sam and Herman do is fast runs through the minor scales, also after hearing Cry of the brave and Fury of the Storm, i've come to realize that some of their songs sound the same
hue
Quote by malmsteen61
eek prepare to get flamed

but whatever.....i like dragonforce sam and herman both are great (this is my opinion so leave me the **** alone) and ive never heard necrophagist what do you recommend by them

Stabwound, Only Ash Remains, Advanced Corpse Tumor, Fermented Offal Discharge, and Foul Body Autopsy are my faves.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by sock_demon
i've come to realize that some of their songs sound the same

"some" sounds like a bit of an understatement to me...
ive never heard any songs by these guys
what are some good ones
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Dragonforce aren't very good, but check out the Necro songs I mentioned.

Seriously, I've never seen riffs as technical as the one's in Necrophagist.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by Shreddin 4 Life
u can't afford $30 CAN?

that's what the price was when they came here...

(I still didn't go tho )

Man, we (my family) just spent like $10,000 on a trip to Europe for a while, we just got 2 new cars, and I'm still in debt from buying my guitar, we don't got money to spare at the moment for that kinda stuff. And also I think the show was for people over 18 here, I think. So basically, no.
I have nothing to put in here.
Muhammed=the shit
Herman and the other dude= pure shit, check out their "betcha cant play this" video to understand their lameness.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
i like both, but necrophaghist > dragonforce
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
necrophagist blow dragonforce out of the water technically, musically, etc

Quote by Neon Knight
Muhammed=the shit
Herman and the other dude= pure shit, check out their "betcha cant play this" video to understand their lameness.

this isnt an excuse, but herman and sam were off their faces when they shot that video.
DragonForce - Listemomg to a few STUDIO songs every once in a while is okay, but they are really repetetive, I find them annoying and they suck live.

Necrophagist - I only have Epitaph and I think they kick ass! I'll admit I'm not THAT fond of the vocals, but the guitar playing kicks ass. Stabwound is my favourite Necrophagist song because of the kickass riffing and soloing (sweeping?).
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Scorzerci
DragonForce - Listemomg to a few STUDIO songs every once in a while is okay, but they are really repetetive, I find them annoying and they suck live.

Necrophagist - I only have Epitaph and I think they kick ass! I'll admit I'm not THAT fond of the vocals, but the guitar playing kicks ass. Stabwound is my favourite Necrophagist song because of the kickass riffing and soloing (sweeping?).

oh man, if u love that album, get the first one: Onset Of Putrefaction
it's even better imo (& most Necrophagist fans as well I think...)
Yeah I've been considering getting their first album. Is there a lot of shredding on the first album?
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Necrophagist > Dragonforce.

Gotta love that solo in Epitah.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Scorzerci
Yeah I've been considering getting their first album. Is there a lot of shredding on the first album?

Yes.

It's fucking immense. I can't pick a favorite album, they both own so much.

If you get (or download) their first album, get the re-release, since they remastered it with "real" drums. On the original release, it was computerized drums. On the rerelease, they still used a computer to put everything together, but they had their new drummer create each individual drum sample. So instead of the sound being computerized (basically MIDI) they recorded actual drum samples to fill in. (It sounds like real drums, if I you didn't know, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference)

The first album is heavier, but the shredding and technicality is still there. Plus Muhammed was the only member of the band at the time of recording, so that never ceases to amaze me.

Some faves from the first album: Foul Body Autopsy, Fermented Offal Discharge, Advanced Corpse Tumor
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by apocalypse13
Dragonforce aren't very good, but check out the Necro songs I mentioned.

Seriously, I've never seen riffs as technical as the one's in Necrophagist.

yeah, and the fact that he does vocals at the same time is pretty amazing. Talk about multi-tasking O.o
Yea.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Yeah I totaly agree that Necrophagist is much better technicaly, but only thing I don't like about them is the vocals. : /
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Lmao @ Everyone hating Muhammed's vocals

No love for death metal...
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by priest.fan.
yeah, and the fact that he does vocals at the same time is pretty amazing. Talk about multi-tasking O.o

Definitely!
Quote by apocalypse13
Lmao @ Everyone hating Muhammed's vocals

No love for death metal...

I like muhammed's voice, yet again i love death metal
Quote by apocalypse13
Yes.

It's fucking immense. I can't pick a favorite album, they both own so much.

If you get (or download) their first album, get the re-release, since they remastered it with "real" drums. On the original release, it was computerized drums. On the rerelease, they still used a computer to put everything together, but they had their new drummer create each individual drum sample. So instead of the sound being computerized (basically MIDI) they recorded actual drum samples to fill in. (It sounds like real drums, if I you didn't know, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference)

The first album is heavier, but the shredding and technicality is still there. Plus Muhammed was the only member of the band at the time of recording, so that never ceases to amaze me.

Some faves from the first album: Foul Body Autopsy, Fermented Offal Discharge, Advanced Corpse Tumor

I also really like Extreme Unction. That main riff is so brutal, I can't get enuff of it!
^Yeah I love his voice.

Karl Sanders/Dallas Toler-Wade, Muhammed, Bill Steer/Jeffery Walker, and Mikael Akerfeldt are my favorite harsh vocalists.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

yeah, Åkerfeldt's got so much clarity in even his growling approach

I also like AngelaGossow's voice. Most people don't, but I'm not afraid to deny it. She's got a lot more to her voice than some of the guys in death metal imo...
^Yea I like her voice a lot too.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

I love power metal and don't really like death metal whatsoever. So you can guess who I like.
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."