I am playing in a band and I have a tube stack for playing. I don't like to leave it at my practice place though. I have to carry it back and forth all the time. I have the chance to get a Vox AD50VT to use for practice. How would this be through a 412 compared to a 100 watt head through a 412? I need to be able to compete with it for practice.

Thanks
Vox Valvetronix have a knob so you can control the output from 1 watt and up t how many watts it is. Id say go for the 100 watt version
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I only have access to the 50. This is a trade. I'm not spending my my money on it and I don't have the money to spend on it really. Is the 50 going to be compareable to the 100 watts?
^Sure it will do it, in SS amps you should bassicly get the one with the most headroom, but the 50 will do good absolutley.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

What you need to remember is it takes ten times the wattage to get double the perceived volume (+10db). Double the wattage, such as 50 watts to 100 watts, only gives you a barely perceptible volume difference. The AD50VT should be good for you unless the 100 has some features you can't live without.
Quote by mikewaz
What you need to remember is it takes ten times the wattage to get double the perceived volume (+10db). Double the wattage, such as 50 watts to 100 watts, only gives you a barely perceptible volume difference. The AD50VT should be good for you unless the 100 has some features you can't live without.

Same amps just different power. One has an extra 12" speaker. I am running it through a cab anyway.
the 50 will should be more than enough volume. If it isn't you are practicing too loud.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
^Well when we pratices at school for our gig my chemistry teacher was using a Roland Cube 60 and our drummer was very loud, but he easly got through with volume on 5
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I think that the 100 would be the better choice. Just because you'll want the headroom. If that's what you're using for all of your band practice, you're going to want to have some headroom and a higher wattage model will eliminate some feedback problems too.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
It should be fine. 50w is more than enough to be heard with.

May I ask what you're trading for it though?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
It should be fine. 50w is more than enough to be heard with.

May I ask what you're trading for it though?

It was going to be a combo deal for a Schecter C-1 Classic. I was getting that and a bass. It fell through though.
Aww, that's sad. Hopefully it'll work out the next time around. It sounded like a pretty sweet trade.
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!