Hi, I've been playing guitar for a few months now and I always hear people use this term but I never know what they mean.

What is a "key," like "in the key of A." Also, how do they work? If there's a lesson on how it works that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming you know the major scale, if not look it up, it helps ALOT. Anyway, the scale usually starts in e, which is on the open low e string. If you move it up the e string to the A note, it becomes the key of A. It's confusing now, but once you apply it you should get it.
hes right, as well as that, search around on the UG beginner forums and lessons / columns, theyll help alot too...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join