Can everyone tell my their opinions on this amp? I've just got one, and have found it to be a damn good buy.
I dont like MGs period, but maybe the MKII is better..............
or maybe not....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Well teh first MG's (the G series) were awfull, the normal MG's are awfull, the new ones will probalby be so to. MG's are awfull.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by clapton-floyd
Can everyone tell my their opinions on this amp? I've just got one, and have found it to be a damn good buy.

Owned.
Quote by clapton-floyd

OOoooh, please return it! They are horrible, please man, do yourself a favor and do it! Gte a Vox Valvetronix instead
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
x2 vox , great amps, i have an AD-50VT (thats teh valvetronix series to noobs)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by Gabel
Well teh first MG's (the G series) were awfull, the normal MG's are awfull, the new ones will probalby be so to. MG's are awfull.

It goes back even farther than that. Prior to being rebranded to Marshall, they were called Park amps. They sucked and didn't sell well. The brand was a total flop. Then they became Park "by Marshall". They sucked and didn't sell well and were quickly discontinues. Then they became the Marshall Park series. By then, people knew Park amps sucked. Other than the name, these amps were all exactly the same.

Finally they killed off the Park line and went with the Marshall MG name. The preamps were the same as the Park amps, but they changed the power amp power ratings, introduced a head version and added crap like DFX, etc. The line sold like crazy because all the noobs were getting 'real Marshalls'. But they still suck.

Marshall have been at it with these amps for about 20 years and they still haven't made one that sounds good. I don't see the MG Mk II being any better than any previous model in the past 20 years.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
What's different on the MKII than that on the DFX?

I have the DFX and it's decent for practice...I wouldn't use it for ANYTHING else though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
What's different on the MKII than that on the DFX?

I haven't looked into it, so I don't really know.
Quote by Xenn99
I have the DFX and it's decent for practice...I wouldn't use it for ANYTHING else though.

And that's the thing about the MG. They're ok practice amps, although seriously overpriced for what you get. You really pay for the name. Outside of pratice, MGs are pretty useless.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^Exactly. I couldn't have said it better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Marshall just tries screwing over noobs with those amps, return yours you will be extremely glad.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!