My friend is selling his twin reverb for 500$, and considering I only have the VOX AD50, i thinks a really good decision. I havnt had a chance to play it, but hes a trustworthy guy (and who knows sh!t as he built his own amp) and hes only getting rid of it because his selfmade amp is better. Its a bit old, but its a twin reverb so I dont really care. The additional money would be a problem. So my questions are
A. Is it worth buying...and..
B. How should I sell my amp (ie ebay, guitar center, want ads)
yeah you should get it, i really like twin reverbs and its worth it, but as for for vox, i donno how much you'd be able to get for it since its a pretty common amp but what do i know.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
You won't get much for the vox. You're probably better off keeping it and using it for more distorted sounds.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
What kind of music do you play? Fender Twins are know for their cleans and reverb, not their dirty, distorted sounds. You will have to get a good OD pedal like a Tubescreamer or Fulltone or something. Keep that in mind, but for 500, go for it. They are 600-800 on ebay. Oh yeah, sell your Vox privately on Craigslists or ebay.
You'll get the most money for it there.
i own a twin. i love the cleans. but you'll need a pedal for dirty stuff.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
sorry to but in, but i have never heard a twin reverb being used with a distortion pedal. Does it properly give a distorted sound or just a really loud- slightly distorted sound. Not the clearest of Q's but basically if you used a 'metal' pedal with it would you really get 'metal'!!
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM (Swinehead pups)
Fender Custom Shop American Classic Strat
Mesa/Boogie Lone Star special
Marshall Guv'nor GV - 2
Boss Overdrive OD - 3
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Boss Digtal Delay DD-6
Flanger
Quote by funkymuzak
sorry to but in, but i have never heard a twin reverb being used with a distortion pedal. Does it properly give a distorted sound or just a really loud- slightly distorted sound. Not the clearest of Q's but basically if you used a 'metal' pedal with it would you really get 'metal'!!

well, i wouldn't know. the highest i take my distortion is about creed level. i could ho higher, but i don't play that stuff. i cna do pinch harmonics and all that crazy shiznit too
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I would buy it. They are absoutley killer. I'm sure there is a good pedal to drive the sucker as well!