for gods sake, I did the most comprehensive guitar survey for what to buy, and after a month or two of intense searching, i settled upon the Ibanez RG1570 or RG2550.. Agreed, what a guitar, with a great neck and bridge.. but man o man, the looks really don't look that good to me, and I'd really love to have a guitar that makes my heart thump everytime I see it... What do I do? everything abuot that guitar is perfect-o, including the price, and though the sound and feel are enough to make me buy it, I feel like i'm letting myself down by getting a guitar that i don't appreciate the looks of...
are there any similar guitars (thin neck, great locking trem) from maybe jackson, ESP (LTD?) or any other brand which you all think might satisfy me? or any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
to everyone else they look great :P, so id get it anyway, they are good...but i am a well known Ibanez fanboy
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yeah, I agree, but then again I don' t buy a guitar every second day, not even every 2 years. I just wanted that extra knocking-out feature - great looks as well as sound - in the one guitar i'm going to buy.
anyone know any similar guitars from other companies?
uh....idk, you could look at the Ibanez S - series, theyre pretty damn cool too...and look nice...maybe?
--
dude they look awsome
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
yeah. ugly sons of bitches them rg's do some new paint job or something
erm...yeah i admit the RG 1570 isn't nice looking...but you've gotta love the RG 2550...it's beautiful.
they dont look that great but theyre ok.

NOW how about we answer his question about any OTHER guitars like it.
i said the S series maybe, whos next?
--
The rg1570 is a great guitar, but its looks are very plain. I myself can care less whether it looks good but if you want something that looks good too get a S series ibanez. In my opinion, the prestige S series blow the Rgs out of the water. Their neck is super thin yet more comfortable, the body is my comfortable, and the bridge is about the same quality(if not the same, not sure). You can probably find a nice used one for the same price as a rg1570, and they are twice the guitar the 1570 is. Hope this helps good luck man.
joshuaestock.com
lol, yes they are ftw!, but not for him i dont think...i wouldnt mind though
--
Jackson RR3, maybe? They seem to be pretty highly thought of, though the quality of the trem might not be as high...and damn, do they look sexy.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Uhm buy it. Never buy a guitar based on its looks. Its always sound. Hell, I'd buy a Warlock if they sounded that good and fitted my music.
Sent from my iPad.
How about the gorgeous schecter c-1 hellraiser in black cherry, with original floyd rose, emgs, and a great neck?
dude u get wat u pay for buy and expensive guitar sounds great a cheap one sounds crappy
Buy a (low cost) guitar which looks GREAT, then replace the stock pickups with the same brand and model that are in the Guitar that sounds GREAT.
But then, you still don't have the tonewood or neck from the guitar that sounds great...
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Dude, RG2570 is the ****. Pretty much identical to your 'perfectly' built RG1570 and RG2550 it comes with the hot-ass-sexy looks that blow you away every time you pick it up. Don't know what I am talkign about?
This address to see pics and info on the guitar: http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg2570.htm

This address for unbiassed reviews of the guitar: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Ibanez/RG2570EX+prestige/10/1

Yep, this guitar is great. Mine is, it sounds great, feels even better and looks hot hot hot. Of course, mine is a 2003 model, which i bought used with a Steve Vai sig pup from DiMarzio installed in it already, so it sounds even better than the factory model. And dude, consider this: you pay a little extra for this, but you get your looks plus a prestige case that is worth about 200 bucks, so it's a good deal. At least do yourself a favor and play it in a local shop ASAP and you will be a wiser man from there on.

...But that's just my opinion *cough*Ibanez fanboy*cough*
[/-Please insert my favorite music here-/]
gibson sgs are great. they have an awesome sound and look awesome
"And you've just had some kind of mushroom and your mind is moving low..."

[color="YellowGreen.[/COLOR"]
I agree with Danno those seem like your only other reasonable options in that range
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Yes, like I said, its hard to beat the beauty and quality of a schecter, so get the hellraiser, I dont know that much about that ltd, but from my experience, ltds and schecters are very close until you get to looks and sometimes price, which is where schecter blows them out of the water.
Actually I fine the ESP to be a much nicer guitar i have had a few problems with a couple schecters i have personally owned but any LTD 400 series and above are flawless in there QC at least everyone i have seen while Schecters QC is not as good
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join