Alright, so I've finally decided on a head to get for my GK Neo 112 cab.
I'm pretty set to get the Ampeg B2RE Rack Bass Head. However, while I was reading the reviews, I've noticed a few of them say that this amp needs a "tuner out with mute switch."

So my question is... what exectly is a "tuner out with mute switch?"

Sorry, I'm an amp noob. Thanks in advanced.
It mutes the amp and sends the signal to a tuner. Its for silent tuning.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
an output for a tuner to be plugged into, with a mute button that mutes the signal for the speakers and sends it to the tuner out only
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Is this something I can buy, or is this something that is usually built into amps?

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it. Thank you.
Last edited by Tim-kun at Aug 10, 2006,
Tim-kun's question....no you can not.
there not really built in alot of amps...mostly on effect amps.
i've seen them alot more on amps with effects.
so you would have to buy look them up...like a crate glx1200h.
it has it built it already.

but yeah it is for silent tunning like, ShutDown785, said.
but they were made for live tuning....
so when you tune it wont make any noise, ya know.
Last edited by MexiChriS at Aug 10, 2006,
or you could buy one of those rack tuners...i think thats what there called. lol
Or you could buy one of those Boss pedal tuners, TU-80 I think it is? They still aren't very cheap though ($80ish).
Quote by jimmypage27
The only problem with most rack tuners is that they're quite expensive.

Yeah but it's the only tuner you'll ever buy. Worthwhile investment IMO