Hey i have a Jackson DMXG and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i make my LFR go up more than a tone. I want my guitar to go up something like two tones

EDIT: Em, im not very good at explaining. eh retry, How do i make it that if i was to play the first on the g string i would be able to pull the bar so i would sound like the 5th or 6th fret ?, Im sorry if that doesnt make sense
Last edited by Cjb Scotland at Aug 10, 2006,
im pretty sure if you pull a floyd up that high it with simply break your strings
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
^ a type of bridge

and only certain types can go up that high, i doubt yours can. you can try but it will probably break your strings
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Aw right, yeh ive blew my strings out before, but i thought that if you could change something you would be able to pull your notes higher etc. But if its not possible then ok
Quote by scott87
What's a Floyd Rose?

Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
unless youve got the lions claw like steve vai does i highly doubt you would be able to do it. you will probably break a couple of strings before you get more than 3 tones
Or you can set your floating trem higher, that is what I did, the payoff was a high action, I don't mind though.