Hey im into purchasing the wine red version of the epiphone les paul studio and i was wondering if this is a good choice.
i mean you get wat you pay for and its $350 and im a little iffy on whether or not to get it.
the music styles i play are in the bands of: underoath, senses fail, silverstein, thrice, finch, afi, atreyu and as i lay dying.

would this guitar be kickin enuff butt to play stuff like that?

is it worth it?

if anyone owns or has played an epi lp studio can u give me sum advice?

thanks for all the help.
Save up a bit more, I think it'd be about the same level of quality as your Jackson.
No, you should save about $300 more and get an LTD EC-400AT.

In my opinion.
ive played it occasionally at daddys junky music and guitar center.
but thats only about 6 or 7 times and i want a guitar that will last a bit ya kno
other than that i love it.

thnx man.

like my question is..is a 350 dollar epi good compared to the 600+ dollar ones?
Last edited by xbouncer927 at Aug 10, 2006,
ive got a studio epi. they are as good as the standard. (cosmetics aside) and are pretty cheap too.

in general, epi's need a new switch, the strap locks fall out, and they can do for a pickup change. in the first year or so. (all cheap and easy fixes)

if u get a higher end epi, ull like the pickups better. the alder/mahogany body will be solid mahogany, ull get nice inlays, binding, and im pretty sure better grovers. (not that my guitar falls out of tune.)

i like mine. not a bad guitar, but like said, u always want to upgrade. epi studio is a low end intermediate. u probably want a bigger step up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Studio is the same as standard, but the studio is uglier.

Just don't bring your studio outside to show people, because they's beat you up if they see you holding a studio.
Quote by xbouncer927
im really not a person that cares too much about looks. so if i went onstage with a studio id be fine. as long as it gets the job done its good fore me.

No, if you went on stage, the audience will seriously beat you up.
Quote by xbouncer927
lol ive seen people go on stage with sticker covered squier strats...ive seen epi les paul juniors..ive seen a dude play witha purple guitar...so yea i think ill be ok lol

Have you seen them go home all bruised and bleeding?

heheh
Invictious, stop being a dick.

I personally prefer the look of studio's to standards. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Topic creator, Epi LP Studio's are fine if you find a good one. Throw some new pups in one and you've got a pretty nice guitar. Be sure to try a few out before you buy one though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Invictious, stop being a dick.

I personally prefer the look of studio's to standards. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Topic creator, Epi LP Studio's are fine if you find a good one. Throw some new pups in one and you've got a pretty nice guitar. Be sure to try a few out before you buy one though.

I wasn't being one, I wasn't 'unrecommending' him, I was merely suggesting a highly realistic possibility, because that's what happened to me after my friend lent me one.

But it's a decent guitar, just missing a few bindings etc, in fact, it can have a better sustain than the standard.
thanks xenn99 ive tried out 3 different studios about 4 or 5 times at a local guitar shop. i tried them with several different amps too to see how they sound. the stock pickups arent even THAT bad. they sound awsome for the stuff i play.

and thanks all for ethe help.
Last edited by xbouncer927 at Aug 15, 2006,
You could get the Epi LP Standard, its about $400-$500 depending on the finish you want.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I've just ordered the epi lp standard plus flametop,it's lovely no doubt,but $250 more. I haven't played the studio,although it is nearly the same. Like said,the standard looks "nicer",the standard also has mahogany/alder body. ALSO i'd suggest spending the most you can afford,so the guitar will last as long as poss.Do what many do though,change the pu's. You could say you get what you pay for.
NOOOO!!!! NOT THE SG 310

Well, looks like if you put that in your rig, you are going to get abit of 'noob eyesight'